DrWEB woes again:

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SG1, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Can't find a way to open Spywareblaster now, to update it; damned overzealous DRW av jumps in, with choice to terminate or shutdown, due to Javacool's "virus" - namely his program.

Tried shutting off everything, of DRW av, but there seems no real way to do that (which I suppose I can understand... to a point). This never happened with NOD32, but I had to switch, 'cos after it running fine for a time the scanner kept crashing which I never did figure out. And an av without a scanner, is like a day without a visit to Wilders Security site, eh?

Do I have to uninstall damned DRW av, just to update Spywareblaster?

Might irritated, new DRW av user. ;-(
    SG1 (Pat)

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

SG1, it's probably a false positive, why don't you email them, they will most likely fix it ASAP. :)

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Assuming SpiderGuard is jumping in, find the 'Paths' settings in SG and 'exclude' the relevant file/folder.

If you did not install the Spywareblaster.exe from a high-risk site, it is probably a false positive, as Don Pelotas said, which you can check with a good on-line scanner; http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus.

Further, in my experience Dialogue Science can be very slow in correcting false positives, so excluding the relevant file may be your best bet in the long run.

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I have just tried to open spywareblaster, and got an error. I went to read in the SpywareBlaster Troubleshooting section. And i found a fix for the error (which worked), and i am wondering if this could the error that Spiderguard's heuristics is reacting to? Link to the fix. Look under nr.2, install the latest microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 run-times,it worked for me. Maybe you too? :)

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.