Drweb Version 4.44

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Badcompany, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hello Forum,
    Any news when drweb is going to release version 4.44.
    Badcompany.

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

were you expecting an answer? lol

sorry badcompany, but drweb themselfs dont know....

ive heard 'very soon' or 'very very soon' since July, i also heard this in August, and again in September.

but, Drweb are attending that infosecurity international convention thing, maybe a perfect event to release the product? (26-28 Sept)

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

That is when Dr Web support told me they were going to release version 4.44. But, I don't care as I'm on to better things.

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Me too, like a Doctor with a bad reputation my patients/patience left me...:rolleyes: :cautious: :)

5. Badcompany

I like drweb very much never a problem and very light on my Pc, but there attitude is unacceptable.I have been using OA Personal Firewall for the last 6 weeks, and the differance in attitude between the two companies is miles apart. Mike Nash from OA keeps you very informed about what is happening, and will always answer your questions about OA. I e-mailed drweb support informing them about OA forum, and how well they keep there customs informed.They asked me for the link for OA forum so they could study it.I received a e-mail the next day saying, OA have there policys and we have are policys.What an attitude.:thumbd:
    Badcompany.

Ps. Going to look at Bitdefender & Kaspersky.

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

its a sad day to see everyone leaving the doctor, oh well

have any of you not been protected by the doctor, i understand the slowness of product updates and 'sometimes' their harsh words towards news for the customers, but this should not change that its a great product.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  7. Badcompany

If only the Dr had your sence of humour, we would all be happy.

Ps. I've not gone yet. ;)

8. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

Whilst I do not use Dr Web, I feel I must defend what is sometimes called rudeness in the reply given by Tech Guys.

The first thing to remember is that the English Language is not the first language of these guys, who are Russian, and sometimes the translation of what they are trying to say does not compute into what we call a polite reply. I get the same problem with my lady Doctor, who is Indian, and sometimes appears very abrupt. However, as i have got to know her more, she is a person who is devoted to her job and with a great sense of humour!

I have also seen people say that the techies at Antivir are rude; the same thing applies here, they are German!

Give these guys a break, they are doing their best.

:D

9. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

nobodys perfect ;)

friendly banter :D

10. Badcompany

Hi Delgado,
    I understand what you are saying but, drweb as been in business long enough to know what paying customers expected, If they did ther home work they would know that a lot of vendors keep there paying customers informed about there programs,some better than others i admit. But just because they are Russian, this is not an excuse IMHO. Without paying customers there would be no drweb.
    Badcompany.

11. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

When being circumcised, no one wants to hear the doctor say, "Whoops!" --- not even if the doctor is a really really nice guy.

DrWeb AV never say "Whoops!" to me. :thumb:

BOTTOM LINE- I will take a doctor with a steady hand on the scalpel, VERSUS a gallumper with an affable bedside manner --- any day!

Of course it's would be great to find a friendly doctor (or an antivirus tech support) who never has to say "Whoops!" I have heard vague rumors that such do exist.

As to version 4.44 -- that's an interesting solution! BUT ..... what's the problem?

bellgamin ;) <==never been infected

12. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

at least there problems are not software-based, or at least, for most people they aint, so i dont understand the problem really.

support is great if you need any technical help, it only gets some-what harsh if you require addition information about upcoming releases/betas etc.

most russians seem to speak english, and quite well.

of course it would be better if the forum was all in english, as more help would probably be available, but this is a hard request to ask for as they are indeed a russian company, and probably something i would never request for myself as it seems borderline rude. :)

Ive had no problem with drweb inc their support which ive always found 2nd to nobody, their ticket system is fast.

so what, exactly... is the problem?

13. Badcompany

I just don't understand why they can't inform us all about program versions, it's totally a no go area for them.Even if they said version 4.44 will be released within the next 3 months that would be something. They must have some idea when a program is going to be released.But saying nothing all the time I think is bad business. Everything else is good, never been infected, And there tech support is first class, no one better.So why can't they get informing us about new releases and versions right.I just don't understand.
    Badcompany.

14. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i dont know, i aswell think they should, but i also think its a lame excuse to drop the AV.

I know its frustrating when you see other companys saying "this will be released in a few months" (no exact date needs to be given), and also about upcoming features that will be included, either by updates or upgrades. etc

Drweb will just locate you to the news page, but its pretty blank to be honest.

I understand what people mean by wanting to know whats going on, especially if you have 1/2/3year left on a licence, you want to know where the software is heading, if anywhere.

Maybe they will change this, i dont know, but its still no good reason to leave the company. ;)

15. Badcompany

Maybe they will change this, i dont know, but its still no good reason to leave the company.

You are right, this is no reason to leave the drweb.I just get pi**** off with there attitude.I still have 7 months on my licence.Let s see what happens after the info show.
    Badcompany.

16. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

What's funny is I never have had any issues with support being rude. They always seem borderline friendly, but as I work in the IT field in a support/development area I know what it is like to be asked the same questions over and over again and then trying to explain why it is the way it is. It is no reason to be rude, but the answer becomes shorter and to the point each time you reply, thus making it seem "rude". And I only reply to the same questions 2-3 times a day imagine these gents!

Release of 4.44 is not a big deal to me as I am still awaiting 5, LOL see it when it gets here. I did the trade in when my eTrust expired and got the 50% off deal and have still not activated my key code, according to support this is completely ok. ;)

I do wish Dr. Web the best, but my support for VBA32 is never waining (BTW there is a beta for Vista from them)

17. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yep, exactly. :)

i also aint too fussed about 4.44, although i do still want to see it released.

ive always thought 4.44 is just a stepping stone towards 5.

18. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

By informing you of the delevopment progress and giving release dates, they are basically committing themselves. And, as Eset learned the hard way with ESS, that is something wise companies do not do.

19. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

we are not talking about 'exact' release dates.

we are talking about information about future technologys, future versions, what they will have, how they will improve on current versions, i think its vital to compare the new stuff with the current version, they should tell users this.

i know, a release date could hardly be predicted, but a timeframe could easily be predicted.

maybe, 'in september' ... or, within the next 2 months. etc etc

20. n8chavez

For me I knew it was time to leave when they couldn't help me with my gui issue. That issue had not existed in version 4.33, therefor it was their choices that created that issue. And, even here, eveyone acts like I chose interface over security. That is not true. If anything, they forced my hand. I think that, along with their attitude, slow developement, and continious bad performances, even with 4.44 beta, are all good reasons to leave the doctor behind.

21. randomness

randomness Registered Member

I guess you don't understand Russian, then, or you've never read their official (Russian section) forums located at forum.drweb.com ;) If you would, I doubt that you'd say the same thing about their support after reading certain threads on their forums (for the people who understand Russian, here's a sample link) :p

22. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

that is exactly what you did, you cared more about your interface program than your antivirus, drweb replied to you twice that i know saying the problem could not be fixed with drweb, this was the time when you should have contacted your interface program support, to find a solution to the problem.

says who?

23. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Since I can't read Russian, I don't really understand it that well but I from I can gather someone blamed DrWeb for an infection and they person was not happy with the response he got. Apparently using a beta while this happened.
    If this was the case with our "software" and someone blamed us for something that I might take offense also.

BUT as I said I cannot grasp the whole thread, and IME DrWeb has always been professional, then again I have not pestered them with Q's or berated their work. ;)

BTW - Let's try to keep this from getting locked by responding with relevant posts. I am guilty too :)

24. n8chavez

That problems was theirs. It is because of their own design, as it has not existed in prior versions. If I'm going to be made to chose, as I was here. U'll pick another prodict over Dr Web not an interface. Had they not forced me to chose, again by a bug of their design, I would not have, but they did. There are plenty of products that do not have such issues. I'm saying this for the last time, it's the way Dr Web coded 4.44 that created the problem, as it did not exist in prior versions. This time it's an interface problem. But who knows what kind of incompatability issues will arise out of their mindlessly sloppy coding. We all waited a very long time for Dr Web to finish 4.44 and this is what we get? That's crap.

Oh, I don't know. Try the AV-comparatives tests for May 2004, August 2004, May 2005 (Standard), August 2005 (Standard), Febuary 2006 (Standard), August 2006 (Standard), November 2006 (Standard), Febuary 2007 (Standard), May 2007 (Standard), and let's not forget August 2007 when the 4.44 was tested and it received a Standard. There is a history here is mediocre protection.

25. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

dont worry, im sure drweb wont miss you, you do nothing but complain about the software anyway, i for one am certainly sick and tired of replying to the countless querys you have had with drweb in one way or another, i certainly have no problem giving help to drweb users or people wondering about the software etc, but for a while now, even before this issue of the GUI, its been borderline bashing from you.

another person to rely on these tests, there is alot of information not given by both the testers and the developers, i honestly find them very misleading, but im sure you know better right?

Has drweb not kept you protected?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.