DrWeb Version 4.32

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TAG97, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have no idea what I'm talking about BUT -- it would seem to me that at least 13 of DRW's signatures got lost in the shuffle. :p

By the way, the link I provided is okay for getting the latest update, but there is one problem. Namely, since the file name is always the same, you cannot tell if you already downloaded that file or not. To resolve this, before downloading the file, first visit http://drweb.ru/get/

That page will give you a description of what is IN the file, as shown in attached screenshot. To see if the file is new or not, check the file size & number of virus sigs. In the screenshot example, the file has 499 sigs, is dated 8/21/04, & is 12.3K in size. Whenever those file descriptions are different from those of an update file that you already have downloaded, then click on the file & download it.

I sure hope DrWeb folks get this update thing fixed soon.

Attached Files:

• Kmel.gif
      Kmel.gif
      File size:
      21.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  2. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

Hmm I noticed that as well. But when I viewed DrWeb's "About" on my scanner, it showed my correct registration information. Let us know if you hear anything by email.

If possible, I think i may hold off on reinstalling this latest version of DrWeb until dials.ru is updated.

3. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

To rerun2 from Firefighter!

I removed the evaluation reg.key from DrWeb's folder and after that everything seems to be OK! Of course I had saved my original reg. keys there!

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

4. IBK

IBK AV Expert

I have also problem with the key. I got a valid key 2 weeks ago and now with this version it says "Key is outdated". ATM I am running Dr.Web in full-working trial-mode, but I hope the Key I had before will work again after the trial period.
    I also noticied some errors in the log file, getting sometimes 2 lines in one when malware is detected.
    I also noticied some "read errors" on some samples.

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Change log for new version has been posted; http://info.drweb.com/ and it seems that most things are settling down now both on the web-site( information and purchase links ) and the servers.

Overall, another example of treading carefully with a brand new software release.

6. bellgamin

Great link, BC. Thanks. That page *finally* publicizes a list of the improvements made to DRW by version 4.32. It is an impressive list, indeed.

Evidently, they still are seeking a distributor for many areas of the world. Thus, their "Buy" links are still dead-ends. At present I know of only one site where one can buy DRW readily...
    http://www.drweb-online.com/en/order_drweb.asp

...the price there is 30 Euro, which amounts to ~$36 USD, or ~20 British pounds.

7. Hello

Is it normal to see 2 spidernt.exe running at same time in task manager?Right now 1 is using 2.248k and the other 1.412k

thx

8. Does anyone know--DR WEB users?

9. Blackcat

Check post 6 of this thread ;)

10. Maybe im reading this thread wrong but i do not see an answer to my question on post 6

11. Blackcat

I can see;
    These 2 entries are taking 712 and 852K Virtual memory respectively on an Win XP Pro system.

12. Oh--Where there was no light now i can see----

i did'nt go back far enough--i stayed on the second page here.

thx

13. bellgamin

DrWeb is now *officially* at version 4.32a. See post at...
    HERE

14. Blackcat

Thanks for heads up, bell.

I wonder if they will post another change log?

One change in 4.32a I don't like is the splash screen which appears when you call up the scanner from the SpiderGuard menu.

15. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

Good to hear---now the auto update works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.