DrWeb Version 4.32

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TAG97, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

A few changes in Version 4.32
    I found that it scan more files in shorter amount of time time than previous version.
    SpIDer Guard has a new look
    SpIder Guard can be disable
    You will have to uninstall the previous version before installing Version 4.32, so save your key file!
    Regards
    Tim

Attached Files:

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Hey Tim

We must have nearly collided in posting this thread :D

I will see if I can push the two together!l

3. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

Will be looking forward to the change log :)

Thanks for the update guys, keep us informed!

4. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Hey Blackcat.
    I tried to PM you back but your box is full :)
    Yesn if you could add mine to yours that would be fine. Your post is more imformative ;)
    Regards
    Tim

5. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

I also notice that SpIDer Guard scans a lot more files than the previous version.

Attached Files:

6. Blackcat

Tim, I will add my initial post here since this thread seems to be the one which is active ;)

This minor version upgrade can be downloaded from the new web-site; www.drweb.com. It is not ready for download at the old site; www.dials.ru/english/ as yet;

Only differences I have seen so far include;

1. My system seems to have more snap with the new version installed.

2. The SpiderGuard system tray icon seems a little squashed, but appears less ‘fuzzy’ than the previous version.

3. We now have a ‘Pause’ on the right-click menu of SpiderGuard to disable the running guard.

4. Two entries for spidernt.exe in Task manager.

5. Help file is particularly sparse.

I uninstalled the previous version before I installed the new one. A ‘browser’ option to find and install your key-file during the Update Wizard did not work for me as it could not find the key on my floppy. So I installed the key-file as normal.

I agree that it seems to scan more files; better unpackers?

My laptop definitely seems to have even more snap with this new version!

7. IBK

IBK AV Expert

yes, and it is now definitly able to detect much more samples than before.

8. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Its now available on both sites. Fresh updated software for me to play with.. :D

9. Blackcat

Thanks for confirming this, IBK.

It's a pity then that this version was not released in time for your pending Test!

10. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Yeah :( , but with 13 product there will be always a new product that is just released after a specific date. New product versions are released continously. All new versions that are released or going to be released soon will reveal their capabilities in the comparative of february 2005 and may 2005.

11. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

_/ Much thanks to TAG97 & Blackcat. I had NO idea the update was out until you folks called it to my attention.
    >>Q1- Doesn't DRW give some sort of notice when version updates are issued? One would think that there would be a notice of some sort when one updates signatures.

_/ I had problems getting it configured to update signatures. Of course I had to configure the update tab with my user code & password -- to be expected. But I still couldn't update signatures. I read through my registration messages & discovered that the URL on the update tab has to be changed to...
    http : // www . dials . ru / drweb / update /
    instead of the URL that the program defaults to when installed.

After I changed the update url as indicated above, it updated sigs just fine.
    >>Q2- Did everyone else have this same experience or am I mis-configured/confused/anathema?

Gotta run. I'm the designated driver for taking my granddaughter to gymnastics. :cool:

12. Blackcat

The default settings are for the trial period or for OEM users, but soon as you input your username and password then a new URL is needed. Incidentally, there are a number of update URLs.

13. bellgamin

Thanks BC.

My updater would do *something* but did it so fast I couldn't tell what it did. The signatures did NOT update, however. I had to download the 8/21/04 499 update manually based on the URL Nicky listed -- namely...
    http://www.dials.ru/filearea/english/add-on/00_index.htm

This has me worried. Is having to update manually just a 1-time thing? Or is my updater not properly working/connected? Also, what are the other update urls, & are they automatic or manual?

helllllp! bellgamin

14. Blackcat

The only one I have used in the last 12 months is www.antivir.ru/drweb/update/.

I have had no problems whatsoever with this one apart from when they had the major attack on their servers. Technodrome gave a list of other servers in a past thread; https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=34207

I always use the one that they suggest in their email response to your purchase/renewal. The server URL's can be used both manually and automatically.

Incidentally, Bill, with your WIN Me system, have you a PAUSE entry on the SpiderGuard right-click menu?

15. bellgamin

Aha! That's the same one I used to update 4.32, but with no results. So I had to do the manual update using Nicky's link, as mentioned above.

Just out of curiosity I visited antivir.ru/drweb/update/ with my browser. I had to give my user name & pw, but it let me in. Guess what -- all the updates on that site are for version 4.31. The 8/21 {499 viruses} update is NOT there. No wonder I couldn't DL it!!!

Did you get the 8/21 {499 viruses} update yet? If so, from where?

No PAUSE. Also, my DRW's screens look quite different from the screenshots posted further up in this thread.

16. Blackcat

The mystery deepens. When my updater did not find any updates yesterday I assumed it was checking for v.4.32 updates!!! Had not checked for to-day until you posted.

Looks like we will need a new update URL! For now I will use the URL which manually updates. Thanks, bellgamin for the heads up ;)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  17. bellgamin

I noticed that the dials.ru main site still refers only to 4.31. However, if you drill down through the links to 4.31, you eventually discover 4.32 at...
    http://www.dials.ru/english/dsav_toolkit/versions.htm

Accordingly, my guess is that dials.ru will eventually get around to changing over to 4.32 at our *customary* update site -- namely...
    http://www.antivir.ru/drweb/update/

In the meantime, the following is the only update link that seems current & useful -- it's a zip file...
    http://drweb.ru/download/drwtoday.zip

It's very strange that the dials.ru update site that's password protected is flummoxed, whereas you can get the proper update from the preceeding link with no password at all. Sheesh!

*Nick* seems to have an inside track on finding DRW updates for 4.32, as manifested by his post at...
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=45205

ding-dong....... bell

18. Blackcat

Dialogue Science seem to have been very busy of late with the new version release, the new web-site and with the Dr Web Enterprise edition.

Therefore, the lack of a proper Help-file and suitable updater URL are maybe signs of a slightly rushed release. BUT, happily these are minor problems and this new version seems very stable.

19. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

To everyone from Firefighter!

Detected 13 samples LESS than I have got with DrWeb 4.31b two days ago against my 2040 infected archives!

1711 -- DrWeb 4.32
    1724 -- DrWeb 4.31b

The majority (10) of those new missed samples were in Win32 -virus category.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

20. Blackcat

o_O I thought detection may have been slightly better :(

21. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Well I see that others are having issues with updating. I manualy installed Nick's update and here's what I got. I started and ended with 52845. It seems that the site Blackcat posted http://update.drweb.com/ is the only update that cnange my Virus Base from 52730 to 52845 o_O
    I agree with Blackcat that this is a rush release probably for SP2. Does anyone with Version 4.32 have different numbers then these?
    Regards
    Tim

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  22. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Here's something I played with and lost SpIDer Guard :) from loading at startup. I thought the remove button would be a feature like WormGuard from DCS. One could Uninstall do something that SpIDer Guard was preventing them from doing and then install SpIDer Guard o_O Well two hours later I got SpIDer Guard back after using System Restore and then reinstalling DrWeb :) So if anyone else want's to play with that remove button keep us posted :D
    Regards
    Tim

Attached Files:

23. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I upgraded to Dr.Web version 4.32 last night also.

I did notice that the only update URL that works without an alarm is the antivir.ru/drweb/update site.
    This site connects for me,but as of today the detection database does not increase.

I currently have 52,845 signatures thanks to the zip file URL posted in this thread by Bellgamin.
    I extracted the zip file to the Dr.Web directory.

I had to enter my user name and password in the settings tab of the scanner console.That was something I expected.

I like this new version so far.It's stable and I have the impression that it may be a bit faster at scanning.
    But I agree that this release was rushed.
    I'm confident that an update URL will be "updated" soon.
    Until then,I'll update manually.

24. Firefighter

I have to use an evaluation version of DrWeb 4.32 because my reg. keys that I have got from DialogueScience on January this year doesn't support that registration method they are using now with the new DrWeb 4.32. I have emailed to bs@dials.ru about this, but no response yet, maybe because of weekend.

My database is now 52730 and I tried those both URL:s mentioned here, but no changes.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

25. Firefighter

Just managed to get the last updates, 52845, scanned my 2040 infected archives collection, nothing more to report, detected 1711 as before.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.