DrWeb Updater

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mongol, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Has anyone else noticed that DrWeb updates silently now?. For a couple years I have gotten used to the updater flashing briefly on the screen hourly but now it just updates without the splash. The file numbers keep changing - keeping up with those on the website so I know it is keeping updated...just curious... :rolleyes:

2. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

Not at my place.......the updater still flashes by here!!!! Funny, that you don't see that anymore!

Maybe a re-install would do the trick?

Good luck...... ;) Putin

3. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

Interesting.. There IS a command line switch to make it silent though. Perhaps a reinstall would update it, or just use command line Switch.

4. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

strange, co i've NEVER seen the flash. maybe cos im using a 3rd party scheduler (nncron) which has an option to start tasks hidden. theres also the /GO switch but i presume u know about that one

5. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I noticed a note on the official website about a new Beagle worm blocking the updater and did download the hot add-on but the updater isnt actually being blocked since I am updating. Guess I'll try a fresh download and see what happens. As Gilda Radner used to say "theres always something". :D

6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Evidently the hot add-on DrWeb is recommending on the website made a change to my updaters command line. I noticed that it now has ST/ in it. Thats why I havent seen it flashing hourly on my screen. I took that out in lieu of further orders or recommendations from the DrWeb folks. I rather like seeing that thing flash, it comforts me letting me know it is looking out for me. Yes I am easily entertained.. :eek:

7. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

And what happens when you hit the manual update button? It should flash also......

Just wonder !!!

Good luck....!!!! ;) Putin

8. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

It does flash when I hit manual update. A simple solution to a weird event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.