DrWeb Right Click

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Judge_Dee, Dec 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judge_Dee

Judge_Dee Guest

I had to re-install windows 98 from a restoration disk, and lost the "check with DrWeb" ability in the right click context menu.
    I have the Xteq Systems tweaking tool which allows you to add to the context menu, but I can't seem to put in the right thing to get DrWeb to scan a file. Any ideas?
    I don't really want to reinstall (I'm on a slow dialup connection, and my backup is a previous version).

2. Judge_Dee

Judge_Dee Guest

I thought maybe I ought to explain better. If I add "check by drweb" to context menu, and use it to check, let's say, a .txt file, a dialogue box says I need to use notepad to open the file.
    So ,my question is, what command do I need to put in the right click box of the tweaking tool, or registry, or whatever?
    Thanks.
    I don't know, this sounds even more confused! ;)

3. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Hi JD !
    Your best bet IMHO would be to simply re-install DrWeb...just in case the program has become corrupted (which I suspect)
    If I recall correctly, DrWeb will detect the previous install and may ask you if you wish to repair or un-install DrWeb.

Don't take chances on your AV software....take the time to download a fresh copy of DrWeb!

Regards,
    bill :)

4. Judge_Dee

Judge_Dee Guest

I took your advice, eyespy. I agree, av is too important.
    I guess the download time wasn't that painful. :)

5. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

I'm glad you did !

take care,
    bill ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.