DrWeb Right Click

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Judge_Dee, Dec 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judge_Dee

Judge_Dee Guest

I had to re-install windows 98 from a restoration disk, and lost the "check with DrWeb" ability in the right click context menu.
    I have the Xteq Systems tweaking tool which allows you to add to the context menu, but I can't seem to put in the right thing to get DrWeb to scan a file. Any ideas?
    I don't really want to reinstall (I'm on a slow dialup connection, and my backup is a previous version).

2. Judge_Dee

Judge_Dee Guest

I thought maybe I ought to explain better. If I add "check by drweb" to context menu, and use it to check, let's say, a .txt file, a dialogue box says I need to use notepad to open the file.
    So ,my question is, what command do I need to put in the right click box of the tweaking tool, or registry, or whatever?
    Thanks.
    I don't know, this sounds even more confused! ;)

3. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Hi JD !
    Your best bet IMHO would be to simply re-install DrWeb...just in case the program has become corrupted (which I suspect)
    If I recall correctly, DrWeb will detect the previous install and may ask you if you wish to repair or un-install DrWeb.

Don't take chances on your AV software....take the time to download a fresh copy of DrWeb!

Regards,
    bill :)

4. Judge_Dee

Judge_Dee Guest

I took your advice, eyespy. I agree, av is too important.
    I guess the download time wasn't that painful. :)

5. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

I'm glad you did !

take care,
    bill ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.