DrWeb Live CD & Cureit - "Action" Settings

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TheKid7, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

What "Action" settings do you recommend/use for cleaning an infected PC?

I have found the following suggestions for DrWeb Cureit:

Infected objects = Cure
    Suspicious objects = Report
    Incurable objects = Move
    Infected Archives = Move
    Infected Containers = Move
    Infected E-mails = Report
    Adware = Move
    Dialers = Move
    Jokes = Move
    Riskware = Move
    Hacktools = Move
    Leave prompt on Action checked.

The DrWeb Live CD does not have the "Move" Option. Would it be best to have only the Infected objects set at "Cure" and everything else at "Report"? That way the malware may be crippled enough by the DrWeb Live CD scan so that a followup scan with DrWeb Cureit may be done in SafeMode with the above settings. This is just in case a detected file is a false positive so that it can be later restored from quarantine.

Thanks in Advance.

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I always set them as 'Report'. In the past, Dr Web sometimes had some false positives. Not sure about FP's now but 'Report' would always be harmless and harmless is usually the best choice...

3. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I gave the DrWeb Live CD a try (Report only) on one of my Windows XP Pro SP3 PC's. I did both the Full Scan and a Fast Scan of my System Partition. I was suprised that both scans took about 2 hours each. Nothing was found in the scans which is what I expected. I do not have much software on my System Partition, so 2 hours seems like a long time for a scan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.