DrWeb AV - scanner trouble:

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SG1, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

I dropped NOD32 when its scanner constantly crashed (after all worked well for a time), and went to DrWeb AV - its scanner worked a while but now always crashes at the file kernel32.dll and I get the error message:

"MS Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C\Program Files\DrWeb\DRWEB32W.exe. Abnormal Program Termination."

I click OK dialog button, scanner closes, and that's it...

Scanner crashes have continued, into ver. 4.32b, thus far. (I have to shut off Dr Web's kernel protection, for instance, in order to open & update SpywareBlaster).

Ideas, on how to fix this, anyone? Help will be greatly appreciated.
    SG1 (Pat), on single PC w/WIN98 SE.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Take a look at This , a fresh copy of kernel32.dll can be downloaded here http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?kernel32 . :)

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

DrWeb scans kernel32.dll just fine for me -- both in memory & at c:\windows\system\kernel32.dll.

I am NOT saying that you are not having the problem. However, my non-duplication of your problem might mean that your kernel32.dll is encountering one of the problems mentioned at the link in Don Pelotas' post.

With respect to having to uncheck "System kernel protection" in order to open & update SpywareBlaster -- IMHO the fault lies with Spywareblaster. DrWeb is doing its job; namely, protecting your system kernel. Spywareblaster is evidently messing with the system kernel -- possibly for a legitimate reason, but not in a legitimate manner.

I had the same issue with Ace Utilities, & notified Ace Utilities of the issue. They fixed their software to eliminate the problem. I did NOT turn-off DrWeb's protection of the system kernel. Instead, I ceased using Ace Utilities until they fixed the problem from their end. Had Ace Utilities not fixed the issue, I would have uninstalled it & requested a refund.

If you seek tech support from DrWeb, the following usually gets results...
    Email to==> mike.kolyadko @ drweb.com
    Post on DrWeb's forum at ==> http://support.drweb.com/forums/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.