DrWeb 4.44 Beta is out (new gui)...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Technodrome, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The scan speed has already improved slightly for those using some specific platform of computers, though I can't predict how or why this happens.

But for the *real* improvement, I think the 5.0 released will be in the later half of 2007. I would prefer it to be release September, but I think realistically it will be around November. But this is just a personal thought, I have not confirmed it.

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i still think we will see v5 beta june/july, and before than ... possibly MAY, we will see a vista version released (no longer beta)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  3. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

i thought that the problem with scheduled scanning and the system rebooting every time was fixed.i uninstalled after having this problem and i read that it was fixed but iam still having the exact same problem.is it just me or is enyone else having the same problem..

4. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hi theshadow,
    Still having the same problem,but after yesterdays update my PC crashed so i am back on version 4.33.Has yesterdays update problem been fixed, anyone know.
    Badcompany.

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

the update is fixed,

well. it is for me, i took the risk today after to system reboot failures, and it rebooted with no problems

this update has definatly fixed the delayed scanner when starting.

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

its nice to see that april brought an increase of nearly 30% in signatures.

wonder when the vista 4.44 will be released though...... hmm. :rolleyes:

7. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

If Dr Web is anything like VBA32, they may have had to re-write a lot of the code.
    So give it some more time. ;)

We also have to take into account the fact that primary usage areas are not "quick" adopters of new Microsoft operating systems. I had a discussion with a rep from VBA and the penetration of Vista in Eastern Europe is negligable at best. FYI

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

drweb aint one of these companys who state: 4.44 will be released on X and v5 beta will be released on Y.

they seem to just pop up with it on the servers, and usually on the same day the emails go out and the page on their website arrives.

so it could all be quicker than we thought, just because we hear of nothing, does not mean it could be ANYTIME.

would be nice to know such things though. :rolleyes:

9. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i thought somebody would have mentioned it by now, but.... nevermind :)

"Doctor Web" has announced the beginning of a new beta version of the antivirus scanner.

The scanner added an additional driver 'Dr.Web Shield', allowing a significant improvement in the detection and treatment of viruses

the update 'shield' came today in the regular downloads by drweb in the beta.

awaiting more information....... :D

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

NEVERMIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found the dwshield.sys file

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  11. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

if you have beta 4.44, when you click update it should have come down with it.

you should have seen it download another exe file and also the drwsheild.exe or whatever it was called.

this shield hasnt been on the program before though, its new :)

there is no information about it, i wonder if its an http scanner, who knows? o_O

12. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

If its "DwShield" and not "DrwShield", then it was mentioned in the past. This is a module which allows for better cleaning and disinfection of some malware. Using this will reduce the cases where a reboot may be required for complete disinfection. ;)

13. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I have a dwshield.sys file in my Dr Web directory. But I don't see a dwshield.exe file. The sys file is only 48k, so I'm wondering if I have the component you are refering to. I have all the latest updates. Quite strange if you ask me.

14. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yep that could be it,

i did hear it does improve cleaning from the russians :)
    and apparently its been improved :D

as long as they keep improving things, im happy :)

edit: please wait just a little bit, information will be posted about this shield here: http://info.drweb.com/

15. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i feel the vista scanning speed has slightly improved now especially from the first 4.44 beta and is definatly a bit more respectable to talk about,

i still wonder how fast the scanner will be in V5, but thats just promises promises.

with just some basic programs etc on my machine, vista drweb beta scans:

takes 36 minutes on a 'full scan' now
    takes 9 minutes on a 'fast scan' now

which i dont think is 'too bad' especially as we all know its going to be improved for v5 (Or sooner.... maybe?)

16. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

2007-05-07, 03:05:03 Searching dwshield.sys.lzma...
    2007-05-07, 03:05:03 Transferring dwshield.sys.lzma...
    2007-05-07, 03:05:04 dwshield.sys.lzma transferred
    ------------------

Yeah, looks like I got it a little after 3:00 a.m. this morning (local time).

17. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

the shield, as im told is:

a helper driver for user-mode scanner (drweb32w.exe). It allows a scanner to find and cure 'complicated malware', like rootkits etc

those tough little blighters.

----
    more added protection for the spider is always welcomed and a big thumbs up ;)

18. lodore

lodore Registered Member

will this better removal for on demand scanner be added to drweb cure it as well?
    lodore

19. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Doctor Web launches a Beta testing of its renewed anti-virus on-demand scanner Dr.Web for Windows, version 4.44. Now the scanner will run with an additional anti-rootkit driver named Dr.Web Shield. It considerably improves the detection and disinfection capabilities of the main scanner and introduces new methods to uncover and neutralize rootkit technologies.(rootkit is a malicious software which hides itself on the PC system, using various techniques ranging from Windows API hooking tricks to direct kernel object manipulation.). The driver loads automatically at Dr.Web scanner launch. In addition to features introduced in the previous beta version the following functions have been improved:

Files operations - open, search and read
    Scanning of Windows registry
    Process scanning

The internal testing results showed a 90% efficiency of Dr.Web Shield driver to detect rootkits in the system. Beta testers of version 4.44 of Dr.Web for Windows will have their beta version upgraded automatically.

http://info.drweb.com/show/3072/en

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Anyone know what’s going on with the development of SpIDerGate? Are they going to continue with this module or did they scrap it?

21. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

spidergate was discontinued,

however, V5 will have an HTTP monitor for sure, whether it will be spidergate or not, i do not know.

22. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I still use Dr. Web on my laptop and still say that over a little more time, they will continue to rise. It is a hell of a solid AV. They know what needs to be done and are doing it like a few other smaller companies.

23. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Thanks for the reply C.S.J. :)

24. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

your very welcome ;)

25. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

its nice to hear that 4.44 vista automatic updating has been fixed and also the daily scan schedule too,

will be released soon as a new beta, still probably 4.44 just a different build, but im glad the automatic updating *on vista, will be fixed :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.