DriveSnapshot & Vista

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by RSpanky, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSpanky

RSpanky Registered Member

Ok here's my problem, I run DriveSnapshot as Administrator to take a image of my C partition, everything goes fine until I try to restore. When I try to restore the partition structure from windows, snapshot, restore, select image, Then when I go down in the graphic, to the left, right click {HD1} restore partition structure my computer crashes. I really need some help with this.

PS Its my fault I did'nt read what DriveSnapshot supports, If Easter reads this please help o_O Thanks RSpanky

2. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

Although I don't use Vista, it sounds (from your post) as if you ran DS from within Windows to restore your C-partition and if that's what you actually did, therein lies your problem!!! - DS can't restore the C-partition when 'normally' running Windows (nor can any other disk-imager!) - in order to restore the C-partition you must either boot DS' DOS recovery diskette or boot into a 'live' Windows environment (using a BartPE CD or UBCD4W for example) and then run snapshot.exe. ;)

Hth,
    Aaron

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.