DriveSentry related question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rOadToIS, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rOadToIS

rOadToIS Registered Member

I know that DriveSentry is a great antivirus and HIPS, but is it also a good antispyware?
    Should I change Comodo Firewall(Defense+ included) + Avira free + Spyware Terminator to Avira free + Drive Sentry + Comodo Firewall(D+)?
    By the way, Are Avira and Comodo Firewall with Defense+ compatible with DriveSentry?

2. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Hi rOadToIS. I'm not avoiding your question. However, I run avira free + comodo firewall. I tried to install DriveSentry last night. A message popped up from "DriveSentry" sayng that it detected another antivirus on my system and couldn't install. (I'm paraphrasing here) DriveSentry said I would have to uninstall my current antivirus. Then to install DriveSentry.

I don't understand this as I've seen other posters that are running Avira Free antivirus and DriveSentry together. It may just be my computer? Or I wonder if DriveSentry has to be installed first. Then install Avira? i don't know. o_O I almost forgot. I did have avira guard disabled while trying to install DriveSentry.

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well i dunno about free avira, but im using avira suite and i didnt get any message, it installed right away for me, and i left the guard enabled to. :p that is strange

and D+ os [rpbably stronger protection, but its not user friendly and you still get amazing protection just with drivesentry. so id say ur 2nd combination of avira free + drivesentry + Comodo Firewall is better, but turn D+ off if u want more usability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.