Drivers for Acronis Scheduler2 service

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Peter Vanlint, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Vanlint

Peter Vanlint Registered Member

I installed TI Rev 8 build 771 on a Dell 2400 XP SP2
    After the post-install reboot, Windows started looking for drivers for new hardware "Acronis Scheduler2 Service". It couldn't find them.
    The Sched2.exe program is running, but if you look in Device Manager there is a big yellow question mark which indicates as expected that the drivers aren't loaded for this service.

Any ideas?

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Download and install the latest TI 8 build??

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Peter,

Uninstall TI (if possible). Boot into Windows "Safe" mode (F8 whilst Windows is loading) and install TI from there.

If that doesn't work then try uninstalling TI manually as per these <Acronis Support instructions> and then reinstalling again. Usual precautions apply about creating a Windows Restore Point prior to delving into the Registry ;).

Regards

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Peter,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please open Device Manager and make a screenhot of it? Please send this screenshot to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Peter Vanlint

Peter Vanlint Registered Member

Many thanks for your help, especially Menorcaman. I now have a working product and have successfully taken an image of the disk and verified it.

I tried re-installing a second time with macafee virusscan disabled just in case. But it had the same result.

When I re-installed from safe mode all went OK. Obviously something on this system had interfered with the installation.

As an aside, I noticed that after I uninstalled the program and rebooted, the device manager was still aware of the problematic "Acronis Scheduler2 service" so I uninstalled it within device manager before re-installing the product.

I have passed the screendump of the device manager to support as requested, in case it helps them.
    Thank you again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.