DriverPack Solution 12.3

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AlexC, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Anyone using DriverPack Solution 12.3?
    http://drp.su/

What's your experience with this program?

What drew my attention was the fact that it is open source software...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  2. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Just tried it, it found 2 driver updates which have nothing to do with my system and are 2008 drivers although my system is a 2012 model :rolleyes:

1- High Precision Event Timer (x64)

2- High Precision Event Timer (x86) [what the heck, it wants to install the same driver but a 32 bit version and I have a 64-Bit OS :rolleyes:

not using this junk ever again

You want a good free driver updated that actually looks for real drivers pertaining to YOUR system

Try My-Config (Free)

Attached Files:

3. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Thanks for your feedback Berryracer :thumb:
    I already kept the link to ma-config.com for future use.

I was able to install two drivers that i couldn't find in a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows Vista x64 using this DriverPack Solution 12.3 (Sony webpage for drivers download crashes a lot btw!). Their last version seems to be from 2011, and therefore maybe the drivers provided aren't the most recent. For Windows XP i occasionally use a DVD called All Drivers that normally finds almost anything.

4. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  5. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Very good piece of software.:thumb:

As for Driverpack Solution,I've found it to be useful at times although it does try and install adware/change homepage.I removed the offending item from the "programs" folder.Where DP is useful is if there's no internet connectivity after an OS install,otherwise I'd say SlimDrivers is the better product.

6. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

From my experience, Sim Drivers are good but sometimes they offer irrelevant drivers for some components, but that only happened once or twice

what i love about My-Config is:

1) It's free

2) it always has the right and latest drivers, never once in all the time I've used it has it gotten a wrong or irrelevant driver

7. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

High Precision Event Timer is a standard Windows driver which is part of all Windows installs. You'll find it under System devices in Device Manager.

The driver installed on my Windows 7 64 bit install is from June of 06, so a 2008 driver is more recent.

I have used DriverPack before, but I prefer Driver Wizard (Chinese), DriverHound and Advanced Driver Updater for updating drivers. I've only used Ma-Config once, but I will try it again once I fix a fatal BSOD problem with my main laptop.

Edit - to clarify the BSOD has nothing to do with Ma-Config, my system won't boot.

8. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

My first impression about SlimDrivers was that it looks a lot like some scareware... they all seem to use the same colors lol :)

After the install of the first missing driver, i was prompted to do a free register, but that's ok for me. The install of the driver was totally automated and without any problem.

The one thing that i didnt't liked was the fact that the program doesn't makes the difference between outdated and missing drivers, they all appear marked with a red color under the same category. So if one have downloaded all or almost all the drivers from the laptop manufacturer site, but still have a unknown device in Windows device manager, after running this program he won't be able to easily identify what's the missing driver, because the missing drivers will be marked in red, but also almost all the other driver will be marked in red too (because many times the are outdated in the manufacturers site).

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.