driver pics

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by iceni60, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

driver info...

Attached Files:

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

another pic...

Attached Files:

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Add/Remove programs

Attached Files:

4. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Gee, Ice, they all look so clear and readable!! Which of your many programs are you using?

I'm still practicing with MWSnap, getting better at it, sorta! LOL!

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, Marja :) i'm using Hoversnap i have the icon in my quick launch so it's so easy to use. i did see one that looks very good a day or so ago called GrabClipSave] but, i think Hoversnap is the easiest to use. when you run it it goes in to the systray, then you press the PrintScrn button and the image is saved where ever you have preconfigured it to go. you can easily take pictures of just apart of the screen by pressing Ctrl and PrintScrn and using your mouse.

abit off topic, but have you tried Cleartweak? it greatly improves type quality

6. Marja

Never even heard of Cleartweak! Gotta check it out!1

That Hoversnap, I never could tell if it was working!! I guess I obviously don't have it configured!! It worked a couple of times and then I could never find the pictures! Otherwise, it is easy to use, just can't find my screenshots when I needed them! :p
    I also didn't know you used your mouse to take part-screen pix? I must not have read the instructions very well!?! :eek: :eek:

I think I have heard of GrabClipSave, are you practicing up for your website?? How is that going, looked like there is alot of help out there!!

I'll try reading the instructs again, LOL! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with your site, you are going to keep us in the loop, aren't ya? Please do!!

Take Care, Ice!

Marja:cool:

7. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

ive been fairly busy at the moment so i haven't done anything with the site, it will get done though. i'm going to college and been doing abit of work, not too much though :p i'm learning about computer troubleshooting - building PCs networking, hardware and software solutions etc. i might end up knowing something about computers :D

if you like i can help you setup Hoversnap? it's not too difficult.

Cleartweak is a set and forget program that improves cleartype, do you know if you have cleartype enabled? right-click the desktop>Properties>Appearence>Effects then put a check in the box for - use the following method for smoothing edges of screen fonts: Cleartype

8. Marja

Hey!! That did 'something', it isn't so faded, I didn't even know about that, maybe my eyes won't be getting to tired reading alot now, yes, I can really tell the difference!
    Thanks!!

What do I have to do with HoverSnap??

9. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

all you have to do is run it and if it's in the systray right-click and pick configure.
    then you pick an image format, mine is jpg. you might want something else the quality is slightly different with each, i think meaning less quality - less data, so you can upload a bigger image here where there is a data limit.

then, where it says files storage, click on browse and navigate to were you want the images to go. i have my desktop.

i think the most important thing is to tick the box that says "Auto-generate filename on new capture", if that isn't checked each time you take a picture it will over-write the last picture.

to take a picture press the "Print Scrn" button. to take a partial screenshot press "Ctrl" then "Print Scrn" and use the mouse to put what you want in a box :) i think that's it. let me know how it goes :)

EDIT sorry i forgot to post a screenshot :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  10. Marja

Yes, I might d/l/d the prog, but for now just changing that setting really helps!! I have the flat panel they are talking about, it is hard to see alot of the time, the settings that came from it are useless.

Thanks, Ice!! (Now I can spend more time on the computer, LOL!!)(Better not!:D)

11. Marja

Thanks again! I think maybe I had un-checked the auto generate. Cuz, the first few times I used it - it was fine, and I had left that box checked!

OK! Have to play around with it later! Don't study and work toooo much, gotta have breaks once in a while!! :)

12. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

are you talking about ClearTweak? if you are and you found enabling ClearType, in Display Properties, made a difference, i think you should use ClearTweak too. once you have set the setting you want you close the program and that's it. it isn't a running process, it just makes a change to a registry.
    NOTE it only works with XP or later OSs

which "flat panel" do you mean?

13. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i wont work too hard, i'll take the advice in Buck's Sig. - "Hard work never hurt anyone......but why take the chance!" :D :cool:

abit off topic, hold on a sec. what was the topic o_O :p
    there's a great way to convert images with Irfanview if you have it? e.g. change from JPG to GIF or PNG etc. you can read about it at the links below :)
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=383567&postcount=9
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=386852&postcount=11
    here's the whole thread - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=68061

then there's a way to very easily change the size of images by just
    right-clicking them. this first link is to Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP. the program i am talking about is called "Image Resizer"
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

here's a direct download -
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

here's a tutorial for using Image Resizer
    http://www.steve.maurer.net/tutorials/XP_tutorials/xp_resize_pics.htm

14. Marja

The colors are reversed, it took me forever to get settings I felt comfortable looking at for long periods, plus, there was a bug (fixed now) that would put the settings back to factory set, it would constantly flicker (ow, that was the worst!) and it is just hard to see the type if the light isn't just right!

But, in the hour or so I have been using this cleartype setting, it's like a whole new screen!?! Never heard anything about it before, Dell had to replace large amounts of these LCD flat panels, until a year or two later(!) they finally fixed it.

I like that with ClearTweak you can set it and it stays set!! :D
    This below, is what was on the website, did any of that help? :D

+ Red-Green-Blue (RGB) and Blue-Green-Red (BGR) setting for monitors that use a reverse pixel arrangement. This is rare, but there are some monitors out there that are BGR. You must have Windows XP Service Pack 1 or later for this option to be enabled.
    (The Dell 1800FP LCD is one example of a BGR LCD...) Don't know why they did it that way, caused them alot of trouble!

Cheers!

15. Marja

I'm just learning all kinds of stuff from you today!!:)

Thanks!! :D

16. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

OK i understand now - you were talking about your monitor :D , when you said flat panel i was miles away, i don't know what i was thinking (control panel or something) :oops:

have you tried increasing the Screen Refresh Rate? that's something you need to know about before you make any changes, some monitors only support a certain refresh rate, but, you could have a quick look to see what your monitor is set to. just don't make any changes to it yet if you right-click on your desktop>Properties>Settings>Advanced>Monitor you can see what it is set to. e.g. 60 Hertz 75 Hertz

17. Marja

It's okay now, Ice! :) Dell did have some bug in them when they first came out, just left it that way until almost two years and 100's+ of the monitors were returned!

It was a relief not to have it flashing all the time!!

Have a great night!! Got some hungry pets to feed!! :D

18. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Take care talk to you soon :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.