Driver Magician as GiveawayOfTheDay

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ruinebabine, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

"Driver Magician 3.32 is available as a Giveaway of the day! You have 17 hours 21 minutes to download and install it.

[...]

Key features

* Back up device drivers of your computer in four modes.
    * Restore device drivers from backup in one mouse click.
    * Update device drivers of your PC to improve system performance and stability.
    * Live Update device identifier database and driver update database.
    * Detect unknown devices.
    * Get detailed information of the hardware drivers.
    * Clone all drivers to an auto-setup package (.EXE), so you can restore drivers without installing Driver Magician."

It' a keeper!

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Sweet! Downloaded and installed in altiris svs. This way i can keep it and reuse it whenever i need it :).

3. ruinebabine

Great.

Or simply dig a bit in the report given by any install monitoring tool...;)

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeh but altiris makes it so much easier to be able to save the software installation and even export it for use on other systems :D.

5. ruinebabine

I am sure you are right about the Altiris' usefulness, ...when it works. For me, last time I tried to use it, it would not install at all and gave a boring error message (I will try a new play with it tomorrow, on a squickly clean FD-ISR's XPsp2 snapshot, and see if it works then).

As for my way of circonvent GAOTD's license limitation, I use SSM and TotallUninstall (paid versions) to track their install and activation mechanisms. After that, when reinstalling, I simply need to also merge a little reg file. One advantage over Altiris is that my method often allows me to go, next month, grab the new up-to-date installer on developper website and it will usually work with my merging reg file.

SSM monitoring (freezing feature) works for when they used their own tricky propriatory installer... (it allows me to save and keep the fully fonctional installer for later installations).

Not a better or easier way of doing it, just another available alternative that I'm now used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.