Driver is not correctly installed or active? PG 2.000

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by ronny, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Although i was waiting and glad to receive ProcessGuard 2.000, i am now not so happy anymore :(.

But perhaps i soon will be again with 'a little help from my friends' ;) on the forum here. so i can really start to appreciate all the good things of this program.

I am a registred user (so i will post my question also to DiamondCS) and had before v1.3 on my system without any problems.

Now i have just installed v2.000, but when i open PG it says:
    '[1 of 2]: Failure: driver is not correctly installed or active'.
    while "[2 of 2]: Success: Process Guard Protection is currently enabled".

Any suggestions on how i can solve this problem?

Thank you very much

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Simply means the driver did not get installed or is not active.

Reboot into safe mode and uninstall Process Guard. Read the helpfile for step by step instructions on manual uninstall (it's in the step by step guide).

Then after that is done, reboot into normal mode, and reinstall Process Guard.

-Jason

3. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Thank You very much for you quick answer. I do appreciate this. (noticed the extra cookie you' ve got? ;) ) But your answer didn't help me, because i had done the things you suggested.

In the meantime ,i tried and tried: install, reboot ,install again ,reboot and so on...And yep , i finally was able to install it correctly. :D But although everything seems working fine, i hope that nothing is wrong (i think not) because with that last install, PG-setup said it was unable to enter a certain thing .I had the option to "cancel" or "retry" or "ignore". o_O
    well,i was tired so i choosed "ignore".And like i said :i rebooted and everything works fine.

By the way ,i did try to uninstall it first, but this was impossible. the program said that i had to install it first properly! :oops:

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Glad you have it sorted Ronny :) For otheres here is a remeinder od the uninstall prodcedure

To uninstall V1.300:

1. Disble Process Guard protection
    2. Exit Process Guard
    3. Terminate pg_msgprot using Task Manager
    4. Uninstall Process Guard
    5. Reboot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.