Driver for Acronis Virtual HDD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by osator, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osator

osator Registered Member

Hello!

I couldn't explore files form Acronis Secure Zone with TI10 And Vista Ultimate Operating system.

When I want add temporary letter for ASZ windows wants instal driver ("find new hardware"). Windows couldn't find this and Acronis sad that could not add letter to partition.

It's Acronis True Image 10.0 (compilation 4942)

2. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

Did you try "Mounting" the image? When successful, the operation assigns a temporary drive letter... not Windows. This is dropped when "Unmounting" the image.

3. osator

osator Registered Member

Acronis reporting that couldn't assigns temporary drive letter to partition saved in image (or sth like that 'cos it's polish language version) and at the same time Windows report that couldnt instal driver to Acronis Virtual HDD - pleas contact with producer...

4. mfabien

I was hoping you would answer my question...

Did you try "Mounting" the image?

5. osator

osator Registered Member

I think that I try "mounting" the image, but I'm not sure (I'm not sure what mounting does mean).

I chose image managment and I chose the second option (the first is image exploring and the second is review data in image)

I click next, chose Acronis secure Zone and click next, chose the image, click next, chose a temporary drive letter letter and clic next, chose read mode and click next and after that Aronis TI starting operatin and finaly write that couldn't assigns temporary drive letter and in the same time (when operatation is starting) windows start trying to find Acronis Virtual HDD drivers.

6. mfabien

In the Acronis Menu, click "Operations" then "Mount". When done, click "Operations" then "Unmount".

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello osator,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that User Account Control in Windows Vista is enabled.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. osator

osator Registered Member

So, in Acronis Menu, in "Operations", "Mount" function don't working and User Account Control in Windows Vista is enabled...

So now what?

9. Acronis Support

Hello osator,

Please note that this problem requires a thorough investigation. Therefore, could you please collect some information?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create screenshots of the messages presented when trying to mount the image.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. Xaneth

Xaneth Registered Member

Here's a screenshot:

http://www.mirrorstonemusic.com/images/Acronis.jpg

This is the only thread I've seen on this thusfar, still no answer? Vista Ultimate running Acronis Home Edition 10. When will there be an enterprise product that will work on Vista? I feel like a kid running the Home version.

11. Acronis Support

Hello Xaneth,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Than you for information. Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Notice that latest builds of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows already support windows Vista.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

12. Xaneth

Xaneth Registered Member

FYI, the fix for me, anyway. I told Vista to locate and install a driver. When it couldn't find one, I pointed it to my C:\ drive and made sure to check subfolders. It installed a drive the first time around, and the second time around, I got the same screen pop. Installed a second time, and it installed generic volume. All working now.

And thanks for the 9.1 info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.