Drivecrypt Plus Pack v3 - trial version limitations?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by tibet, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tibet

tibet Registered Member

Hi All

Can anyone tell me what the limitations of the 30 day trial version of DCPP 3 are, please?

Does the program continue fully functional but with nag screens or does it simply expire?

Thanks in advance....

tibet

2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Hi tibet

This is a statement from one of the download site.

DCPP is a shareware. You will be able to use the evaluation version available for download during a limited period, after what you will have to buy the full version to continue to use DCPP.

3. tibet

tibet Registered Member

Thanks for the input, Tex - appreciated and noted.

However, as you know, shareware can behave in a variety of ways when the trial period expires. While some shareware simply goes "phut" and leaves you stranded, in other cases evn crippled shareware can continue to function in a limited way. In many cases it is fully functional but pops up a "register now" nagscreen each time the s/ware is started. The latter at least leaves the company open to a late purchase decision...

I would really like to know a little more specifically how this s/ware behaves.
    There is nothing about this on the Securstar website or in the T&C presented in the installation GUI.

Am I still able to access my encrypted data after the 30 day period, for example?

4. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

5. tibet

tibet Registered Member

As suggested I emailed Wilfried Hafner at Securstar and promptly received the following brief reply:-

"You will receive nagging screens forcing you to decrypt the system.."

6. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

if You can, buy the program, it is the best there is out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.