DriveClone™ Pro 5.1

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by guest, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

i find this product, its look like perfect.
    i need your review, how is it?

it has ISR (like eaz-fix or rollback rx)
    it has Complete Backup (like True image)
    it has File Backup (like Handy backup)

• System Snapshot: Our fastest, most efficient backup. System Snapshot backs up the computer in a mere 5-10 seconds, and restores it within 1 minute.
    • Complete Backup: Our most comprehensive backup. Back up your entire computer, including your operating system, programs, documents, music, photos, everything. Your hard drive is saved as a compressed image file, saving hard drive space.
    • File Backup: Back up only the files you want to back up! Choose specific files or folders and back them up incrementally, saving both time and space.
    Pre-Windows Recovery: Even if your operating system fails, you can still restore your computer to a working state. DriveClone loads before the operating system, and allows you to restore your computer, regardless of operating system functionality.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Re: DriveClone™ Pro 5.1

I trialed it the other week when i was looking for a different ISR program. There were a number of reasons why i didn't like it.
    Firstly, the pre windows recovery environment wouldn't boot off a flashdrive on my system. The bootcd worked ok but i hate having to boot off cd's.
    Second, you have to allocate a certain amount of hard disk space to store snapshots.
    Third, taking a snapshot and reverting back to a snapshot is slower than rollback rx.
    Fourth, you can't jump back and forth between snapshots. Once you revert back to a snaphot, all snapshots made after that one are gone.
    Fifth, i didn't like the interface, i didn't see any option for a tray icon for convenient snapshot creating/reverting, i had to open up the main interface to do any task which was painful.
    The actual backup/restore part of the program worked very well and the fact that it has universal restore makes it even better.
    In the end it didn't really suit my need for an efficient ISR program. I ended up getting eaz-fix which is better for my purposes and is also slightly cheaper. However it doesn't have the same backup/restore capabilities that driveclone does.

3. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

I went for Rollback Rx for similar reasons to those given by Farmerlee.;)

4. raakii

raakii Registered Member

drive clone is not comparable to rollback rx , slow restore, too much space reqd , i had few problems with improper shut down .

Rollback rx and its clone are the best of isr software available now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.