DriveCleanser without a mouse?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by w1zard, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w1zard

w1zard Registered Member

I'm using DriveCleanser on a machine with a USB KVM (basically a virtual USB mouse and keyboard), which doesn't seem to be supported while using DriveCleanser. Not a problem, you'd think, until you try to select the partition to wipe - does anyone know the keyboard shortcut for this? I can navigate through the wizard using the keyboard, but cannot find out how to select the correct partition using a keyboard.

Help!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello w1zard,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Privacy and Security Software.

Please use arrow keys to choose the partition you want to clean and Space Bar to check this partition.

To solve the problem with the mouse please try to change the "USB Legacy Support" option in BIOS and if that doesn't help please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround described at Acronis Sticky Thread. If this doesn't help either please create the sysinfo.txt file in the way described on the Sticky Thread and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. w1zard

w1zard Registered Member

Many thanks for the info. I have tried using the space bar (and have just double-checked again), but it doesn't select the partition. You can change the focus between the disk and the partitions using the tab key, but space does not select and de-select them.

Is this a bug in the software?

We often have to wipe machines without a mouse (due to a faulty comm port, etc), so this is quite important to us.

Many thanks :)

4. Acronis Support

Hello w1zard,

This is really strange that the Space bar doesn't work. Could you pease let me know the build number of Acronis Drive Cleanser you use?

To press the "Next" button the "Enter" key should be pressed, to check/uncheck the partition or disk the "Space bar" should be pressed and the "Tab" key is used to navigate between partitions (disks).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. w1zard

w1zard Registered Member

Thank you for the prompt response. I was using the bootable version of the CD, and couldn't see a way to check the build number (the CD appears blank when browsed in Windows).

To make sure I had the latest version, I downloaded build 6.0.0.397 from your website, made a new bootable CD, and the spacebar now works fine!

If you could tell me how to check the build number on the bootable CD, I can post back which build version had problems with the space bar?

Many thanks :)

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, w1zard

Press Alt>Press Right Arrow [3 times]>help>Press Enter>about>Press Enter again>the Version [Build] Number is there for you.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

7. w1zard

w1zard Registered Member

Thank you for the information TheQuest. Are you sure this is the shortcut when booting from a CD? I know this works when running DriveCleanser inside Windows, but when I boot from the DriveCleaner bootable CD, this shortcut doesn't appear to work.

Is there another way to do this?

Thank you :)

8. Acronis Support

Hello w1zard,

Glad to hear the problem is solved partially and you may use Acronis Drive Cleanser with the keyboard. Seems that the older build had difficulties with your keyboard. Since there is no problems now it doesn't matter which build you were using before.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. w1zard

w1zard Registered Member

No worries - thank you for all your help ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.