Drive Snapshot vs. Image For Windows vs. Paragon Drive Backup

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by AwareSoul, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AwareSoul

AwareSoul Registered Member

Between Drive Snapshot, Image For Windows and Paragon Drive Backup, which is the easiest to use in performing a backup or copy to an external USB HD? Any comments would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AwareSoul

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I gave only used Drive Snapshot and Paragon Drive Backup ..... both simple gui nicer with paragon DS is more flexible

you might want to consider paragon drive copy

3. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

I can only speak for IFW/IFD, but it's so easy to use that even I can do it. And what's most important, it's never failed me.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i have used both paragon and drive snapshot.
    my main backup program is paragon due to its reliable imaging and decent interface. its never failed me. i have paragon set on a schdule to backup daily.
    I have restored quite alot of the images due to vista not being very relable.
    for ease of use paragon due to its very good graphical interface.
    if your up for sergestions i also highly reccomend shadow protect desktop.
    lodore

5. appster

appster Registered Member

I have used all 3 (as well as ATI v11) and it's my belief that they are equally reliable. However there are differences in the resulting sizes of the images they create as well as the time that it takes to create/restore their respective images.

Other important factors are ease of use (while running in Windows as well as while running from the emergency boot environment) and whether or not all of your hard drives (internal and external) are recognized by their emergency recovery media!

I strongly advise you to download trials and do your own evaluation of each one you are considering to determine which suits you best. ;)

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I fall in along the same line here also.

I use both but just from my own experiences, if you run a dual drive setup Drive Snapshot is such a breeze it's almost ridiculous, and it restores across partitions in a snap too.

For full single drive back ups (IMAGES) and restores, Paragon Drive BackUp Pro 8.1 is my choice as it is never failed once for me. Drive Snapshot is able to do the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.