Drive Size

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by waynerr, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waynerr

waynerr Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

`I recently bought True Image. I forgot to ask one important question. Can True Image Restore an Image to a different drive manufacture; different, larger, drive size ?

I had another image software program once that would not restore to a larger drive size. Drives were no longer available that small. Their image software did me no good at all when I needed it. :(

Could someone answer this for me, Please ?

Thank You,

Wayne

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis True Image will be able to restore the image to another drive. If you restore partitions one by one (not as a whole disk) you will be able to resize each partition manually. If you restore the image of the whole disk, the partitions will be resized by Acronis True Image automatically. Drive manufacturer doesn't matter unless you restore the drive of different type (for example, the image was taken from IDE drive and restored to SCSI one).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.