Drive Sentry.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by The Red Moon, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

hi
    Does anybody know if a program called drive sentry is still being supported?
    Anybody using it.
    Thanks.

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I don't think it is, and I hope I'm not wrong, but I recall something shady about it/the folks behind it. Something like that. :doubt: I actually think it was discussed at WSF, so if you search for it, you may find something useful about it. :)

3. The Red Moon

ah well.
    I used it a couple of years back and i quite liked it.
    It seemed a nice HIPS product.:'(

4. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Drive Sentry is discontinued from one year more or less, his site doesn't exist more. Here in Wilders you'll find some threads about. It was something middle between anti execute software and an HIPS . It used also behavior blocking and clouding thecniques. Yes, it was a promising security program, powerful and interesting. :'(

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

It was a HIPS that focused on the file system. It's really too bad; I quite liked the product.

I don't know about the owners, but I know that they were trying really hard to monetize it toward the end. It's not a real surprise that it didn't last, since it wasn't particularly friendly to the average user. I also seem to remember a good number of issues.

6. The Red Moon

The reason i stopped using it was that the tricklefeed stopped updating and the next thing the website and forum went down.

Ive read the other threads here on wilders about it and i would agree that there did seem to be financial difficulties.

Pity as i liked it too and never had any issues with the program and it seems they had a patent of the worlds first hard drive firewall.

Not too sure about the anti virus as never saw it come into action much or was simply missing malware but overall it seemed a nice program and its a pity that development has stopped completely as it could have been an excellent piece od software.

7. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

It seemed to be a case of not enough planning before the plan was put in place. It started out as a great little program, but it didn't take long before things went downhill. First support dropped off, then the product dropped off the face of the earth and came back as a paid product, empty promises, lack of replies to customers, it just all went to hell in a hand basket real quick.

8. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Agre. I believe that oneof the problem of DS development was that likely it was a one-man-program. I wonder if it could be used now only as anti-executabe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.