Drive not recognized in backup area

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by plugh, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plugh

plugh Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image backup on a computer with two hard drives.
    The C drive backup works fine but my data drive isn't being recognized in the backup area.

Here's a picture of the partition table.

http://crowncity.com/drive.gif

Also if I try to backup just the files my computer locks with a "processing" message.

Can anyone help?

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  3. plugh

plugh Registered Member

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello plugh,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

According to the first screen shot the second HD is a GPT disk. The Home versions of Acronis True Image do not support GPT disks.

You can use the following methods to determine whether a drive is configured as a GPT or an MBR disk:

- In the Disk Management console, on the View menu, point to Top, and then click Disk List. The upper pane displays a list of disk drives that specifies the partition style in the last column.

- In the Disk Management console, right-click the drive to display conversion options.

- If the drive is configured as an unpartitioned GPT disk, the Convert to MBR Disk option appears. If the drive is partitioned, this option is unavailable.

- If the drive is configured as an unpartitioned MBR disk, the Convert to GPT Disk option appears. If the drive is partitioned, this option is unavailable.

- In the Disk Management console, right-click the driver, click Properties, and then click the Volume tab to display the partition style and other information.

- In Device Manager, right-click the drive and, on the Volume tab, click Populate to display the partition style and other information.

- Launch the DiskPart utility and enter the command list disk. The disk list indicates GPT or MBR in the last column of the command output.

To use Acronis True Image Home 2009 you should convert the disk to MBR Disk or use one of the corporate versions, Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation for example. The corporate versions support GPT drives.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.