Drive letters changed - now won't boot

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Confused Booter, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had my Windows installation on a partition created from my C: drive; for some reason DDS called it drive L:

Needed more space on my L:\Windows installation, ran DDS to create it.

Now it has changed my previous drive L: to drive F: and I can't boot successfully (Windows says no disk in drive, logical, I suppose since DDS moved it to drive F:).

Is it possible to change F: to L: outside Windows?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Confused Booter,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Could you please do the following?

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com alond with the link to this thread. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.