Drive is corrupt issue

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ourwilly, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ourwilly

ourwilly Registered Member

Hi javacool,...

May I ask for advice on this SpywareBlaster error message please, attempting to re-installing is not working also suggested an alternative download link with the same result

"Drive is corrupt or I have a Virus please re-install"

As the system appears to be very well protected maybe too well, I would like to ask if this is a confliction issue, If you require a link to the protection software showing in an HJT log that is running please just ask

I've also seen Visual Basic mentioned along with quite a few other suggestions

Thank you for your time on this issue

ourwilly. :)

2. Doctor_Who

Doctor_Who Registered Member

I see you have not had a response in four days, so I thought I (another infrequent poster) would drop in and say "HI".

Do you remember, seeing the warning at the beginning of installing MS Office and other programs that tell you to "Shut Down All Running Programs before continuing"o_O

That admonition is there for a purpose. Many security programs, AV and AS software will definitely interfere with the proper loading and installation of other software. I use a little FREE utility called "End It All 2" to do the job of shutting down all running programs, before I install new software, do my weekly maintenance on the HD and Registry or try to Burn a CD or DVD.

Also, having the latest version of "Visual Basic Run Time" on your HD
    is required for SpywareBlaster and many other programs.
    Here's the file you need:
    vbrun60sp6.exe
    It's available from many sites across the internet, including MS's own site, here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290887

I think Javacool gave one such site in his "Tips" section.

Good Luck and Happy Computing,
    The Doctor :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.