Drive Copy from RAID 0 to New Single Drive - Error

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Jerry_M, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Jerry_M

Jerry_M Registered Member

I tried searching, but couldn't seem to find an exact answer...

I currently have an old Gateway FX530XV that came with a RAID 0 configuration of two 500 MB drives. One of the drives is starting to give a failure notice. I am trying to use Paragon Drive Copy v15 to disk copy to a new 2TB WD Hard Drive, but at the very end, I get an error that says "VSS Can't Read Volume Data (source: Hard Disk Manager). I also am unable to do this with the free Acronis software that came with the new WD drive.

I bought this computer in 2007 with Windows Vista, and am currently running Windows 8.1 on it, so it would be great if I could get a new drive up and running and eliminate the RAID 0 configuration. I have all my important data backed up.

Can anyone offer some advice on how to get this going? I've searched and searched online, and it seems I find a 50/50 split on being able to go from RAID 0 to single drive.

Thank you in advance,

2. Jerry_M

Jerry_M Registered Member

I actually gave up on trying to get this to be successful, so I did a clean install of windows 8.1 on the new disk and will begin the long journey of reinstalling all the software one by one....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.