Drive Copy and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by MMartian, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMartian

MMartian Registered Member

I've been using Drive Copy 9.0 for a while now with Windows XP. The software works great in both the intial copy and incremental updates. I've now switched over to a new laptop running Windows 7 64bit (but have been testing on a Windows 7 32bit also). It works just fine once you turn off the automatic hibernate modes for when it is making the initial copy.

My problem is that the incremental updates are now also requiring a reboot into the dedicated mode outside of Windows. Is this due to a change in the way Windows 7 locks more files that Drive Copy sees as being "updated" or something else?

It would be really nice if it didn't need to reboot outside of Windows to do the incremental updates.

I had also been making a copy from another multi-partition drive (Drive 3) to yet another blank drive (Drive 4) and when doing the drive copy and partition copy it required a reboot into dedicated mode. I'm not sure why as nothing should have been locked since these were non-OS drives.

I'm using the following download version which appears to be the latest release:
    Paragon-118-PEE_WinInstall_8.8.89.7153_000.exe

Help > About screen details
    Paragon Drive Copy, version 9.0, build 5753 (25.06.08 ) Personal

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello MMartian,

Test by initiating a manual copy, when the pop asking to restart or retry, click on the hyperlink "What Files Prevent Operation Completion?". This will give you a list of processes preventing the operation.

3. MMartian

MMartian Registered Member

I had tried that earlier. It actually doesn't list anything in the window which is why it makes no sense as to why it's requiring the reboot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.