Drive Copy 11 Pro: unable to get exclusive access even from the Recovery CD

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by steveread999, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveread999

steveread999 Registered Member

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (French version)

Quad-core i5 CPU, 8GB RAM, 2 SATA 1TB disks.

Doing "Copy Disk" to dupe the boot drive onto the secondary (gives faster recovery time after disk failure).

I get the "cannot get exclusive access" dialog box if I don't shut down Kaspersky PURE, and now even if I do. If I let DC reboot the box, it loops forever copying over and over again, and breaks re-entry into Windows.

So this morning I tried booting into the Recovery CD, and it gave me the same dialog box. Following the "what files are blocking exclusive access" link gives an empty list.

How do I get this working?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Put it in kaspersky whitelist - have heard of issues with a/v apps - Kaspersky in particular doing exactly what you describe - to another well known imaging brand.

3. steveread999

That doesn't explain why the WinPE CD can't get access. I was able to get it working using the Linux/DOS CD instead of the WinPE CD. Still annoying, though.

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Sometimes WinPE environment accidentally reports locked partitions. In such situation you should restart WinPE (maybe twice) to get it work. It is bug of the environment , not Paragon programs' bug.

5. steveread999

Great, so I can reboot the WinPE CD repeatedly in the hope that it will get its brain cells together, or I can just start up the Linux/DOS CD (the one that DC itself spits out) and have it work first time, every time. And it's faster, too, backing up 120GB or so in just over 20 minutes. (Looks like it's overlapping reads and writes or something.)

Life's too short for debugging this sort of nonsense - I have a solution that just works, although a way to have it work without having to put in the CD each time would be nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.