Drive Cleanser 6.0

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by sawgood, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sawgood

sawgood Registered Member

Hi:

I have seen (personally) Drive Cleanser 6.0 for sale in retail outlets (Fry's Electronics). I know you can buy the program 'seperately', or it comes bundled with the Privacy Suite and maybe another Acronis suite?

My question is that I was considering buying this as a stand alone solution (because I really don't care too much for the rest of the privacy suite), but when I went to the Acronis support update page ....

There is NO listing for the latest BUILD of Drive Cleanser 6.0? How is this program updated then (or is it updated). Do you simply use another method, or how does it work?

Thanks in advance for your time and any reply.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sawgood,

We are sorry for the delayed response. We regret to inform you that you cannot update Acronis Drive Cleanser, because it is the part of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0. You should download the latest build of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0 to use Acronis Drive Cleanser. I recommend you try to download the trial version In order to see how it will work on your computer.

If you decide to keep Acronis software after the trial period, it can be purchased via Acronis Online Store.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. sawgood

sawgood Registered Member

I don't know if I can 'accept' that answer then because the product is sold as a stand alone item at Fry's Electronics for like 29.99 or so.

It must say somewhere on the retail 'box' that it doesn't come with any updating or individual support unless the rest of the 'privacy suite' is purchased or something like thato_O

Shawn

4. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

I expect that Fry's Electronics has had that box on its shelf for some time as Drive Cleanser 6.0 is a relatively old product. You said Fry's are selling it at 29.99 and as Privacy Expert Suite 8.0 is exactly the same price I fail to see why you would want to have Drive Cleanser. The 1 year subscription that is mentioned against the price is referring to Spyware Updates. The product doesn't stop working after 1 year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.