Drive Cleanser 6.0 Build 691

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Menorcaman, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Windows XP Home SP2 + Drive Cleanser 6.0 Build 691. + True Image 9.0 Build 3677 + Disk Director Suite 10.0 Build 2160.

Unable to create Acronis Rescue Media, either for Drive Cleanser on its own or when included as part of a DC, TI and DDS multiple Rescue Media disk. Process bombs out with multiple errors as soon as I click on "Proceed".

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Regards

Menorcaman

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  2. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Hey Menorcaman,

What order did you install the Acronis apps in? I had similar things happen when the newest builds of Drive Cleanser (Build 691) and Disc Director (Build 2160) came out. The fix was to install the apps in the order realeased. I think Drive Cleanser was the culprite in my case because I installed DC before DD and DC had the newest Media Builder code. Check out this link for additional info.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Thanks for your reply and the link FBMachines. It never occurred to me to look for an answer in the True Image forum. o_O :)

Anway, fully reinstalling the three applications in date release order has sorted the problem (TI 9.0 Bld 3677 > DDS 10 Bld 2160 > DC 6.0 Bld 691).

Interestingly I found out that, contrary to the advice provided by Acronis Support, you can't just only reinstall the media components of Disk Director and Drive Cleanser via their Install > Modify options as that will uninstall their associated main applications (although you can for True Image). :p

Regards

Menorcaman

4. DewaltDakota

DewaltDakota Registered Member

I'm glad I found this thread, as I've been going crazy over this very same issue.

Thanks, y'all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.