Drive changed from NTFS to RAW

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nobde, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobde

nobde Registered Member

My second drive (Slave) that I had just for recovery with Acronis has gone from NTFS to Raw and now is not accsessible. It keep telling me it need to be formatted. Can it be recovered or changed back to NTFS?

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

RAW?

Well, if it's supposed to show up as NTFs but doesn't:

You can try Windows System Restore.

If that doesn't work, try jonyjoe81's suggestons below.

If that doesn't help, do you have an image of the drive you saved before this prob showed up? If so try restoring that image.

If none of the above work, right click My computer, select Manage, select Disk Management and see what properties the drive has. If it appears unformated or empty, then you might need to (re)format as ntfs.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  3. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

This ussually happens when the partition get's corrupted, try doing a scan disk on the partition.

If that doesn't fix it, download the program "testdisk" it's a free utility that can rebuild the boot sector and maybe get your partition back.

I would try fixing it first before doing a reformat, I think you have a good chance of being able to recover your data.

4. nobde

nobde Registered Member

Got it fixed. Used chkdsk/f D: D being the drive. Fixed everything and even brought back the files on that drive.
    Also now I can use add or remove programs that wouldn't work because of the D drive not working.
    Thanks for the scan disk idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.