Drive Backup 9 Professional

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by kcaegis45, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kcaegis45

kcaegis45 Registered Member

I know it's an old version but ......
    I have the Drive Backup 9 Professional build 7267 (13.12.08 ). I received it when Paragon was giving it away free in 2009. It is working really well.
    I was reading the manual that come downloaded with the program. The manual is for version 8.51.
    One of the features that it states it has is "Clear Free Space".
    Since it's the "Professional" edition, I assume it should have it since it only states that it doesn't come with the "personal" edition.
    I can not find the "Clear Free Space" feature in the program.

Can someone please help.

Or recommend another free software that can "Clear Free Space".
    Clear Free Space is a program that allows the user to destroy any remnants of deleted files/directories left on disk without affecting the used data by overwriting contents of unused clusters with certain patterns. Besides providing high level of data protection this function can be particularly useful when dealing with certain non-standard protection/registration/deactivation hidden marks made by some software.

Thx...

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

You should look for Wipe Hard Disk or Partition wizard.

In the wizard select the partition where free space should be wiped. In the next step there will be option to Clear (wipe) free space.

(!) Please be very careful with wiping wizard. Wiped data could not be restored.

3. kcaegis45

The problem is that there doesn't seem to have the feature or I can't find it.
    I thought the 9.0 Pro is suppose to have it.
    There's no option to "Wipe Free Space" in the drop down under Partition in the tool bar or on the Left side of the program.
    Am I not looking in the right place?

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

It is not called wipe free space. You should run the wizard which is called Wipe Hard disk or partition. Inside the wizard there is option to clean free space.

If there is no Wipe wizard at all, the option doesn't present in your version.

5. kcaegis45

It doesn't seem to have the feature.
    I am surprise since I read that it should have it for the DB9 Professional.
    If anyone is looking for a free wipe drive or wipe free space feature, try CCLEANER. It's a great program also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.