Dragon Naturally Speaking Standard 10

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sportsfan7700, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    I just purchased this product and it is being setup on my pc. I saw threads but they were dating back to 06--Hence the refreshed thread. My question is if I practice for an hour or two hours a day, how long does it take to get fully comfortable with the software?

Matt

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Matt

I just installed Version 11 on my machines. Once you train it,(about 30 minutes) you can start pretty quick. What takes a bit longer is all the neat control things you can do with it.

Pete

3. sportsfan7700

Hi Pete,

I'm having my tech guy come over this afternoon and install it. Thanks for the info. (With limited ability of my right hand this should make my life MUCH easier)

Matt

4. Peter2150

He can install it, but only you can train it. With practice you can almost make it do anything you need by voice. You might also consider upgrading to 11, some major improvements.

Pete

5. sportsfan7700

Sounds Good. (Haven't gotten it installed yet, he was unable to swing by here). I figured I can only train it, I would just rather him set it up rather then me just for such an important piece of softeare :)

One quick question. If it appears my speakers are broken (not sure, but I am hearing popping from both) will that affect the dictation from the mic to the pc & software?

Matt

6. Peter2150

If it is in the audio, and affects the mic it sure will. Your audio and computer have to be right up there.

I have it on my Desktop where it's fine, with a more comfortable USB headset. But I have to use the one that came with it on the tablet. The USB one on the tablet is weak. Also the tablet being less powerful, it disabled some of the advanced features.

Dragon is a big program.

Pete

7. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

You should use Dragon and other voice-command or dictation software with a headset and minimal background noise. If you have the speakers on, the microphone will pick up sounds from both the speakers and from your mouth, and it confuse the two thinking random sounds from the speakers are you trying to issue commands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.