Drag-n-drop image OK?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RevRusty, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevRusty

RevRusty Registered Member

I'm so brand new to TI my shoes squeak. At the risk of ridicule, I gotta ask: Is it OK to drag-n-drop an image from one hdd to another? After making my first image of C drive to my C drive (and darn nearly maxing that sucker out) I read here that it's best to put the image in another drive or partition. I fixin' to burn it after goin' to town for a load of CDs. Meanwhile, being lazy, I'd like to drag that honker to my backup hdd, where there's some space to spare. Might even leave it there. What say y'all?

Also, please check my math: the image is 16 gigs, so am I correct in estimating the need for 25 CDs @ 650 MB each? Hoo-wee, that's gonna melt down my little burner.

2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but it should be fine to drag and drop your image file.

Thanks,

Chris-

3. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

Yes it is just a file, you can copy it anywhere. Also, rather than splitting your image over dozens of CDs, a better option would be to use a dedicated harddisk or an external USB disk. I recently bought a USB IDE case for about £30 (GBP) and then slotted in a 40GB IDE disk I had spare.

Much more robust than CDs/DVDs, much easier to manage (i.e. structured within subdirectories) and perfect for automated/scheduled backups.

4. RevRusty

RevRusty Registered Member

Thanks, guys! An external hdd is a good idea. We've got something called "Fries" here that offers great prices, such as $25 for an Airlink wireless G broadband router. It's got a good deal on an external, too, but first I need to upgrade my burner to a better speed. For now, I'm gonna go drag me a file. I apprediate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.