Dr Web

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by n8chavez, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

When can we expect Dr Web 4.33 for windows. And what can we expect to be changed/improved from the new version?

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

The new version shouldn't be too far down the line. They have a Unix beta version out now and looking at the improvements in it the windows version should be nice. It uses the new spyware/malware database, I subscribed to the beta version of the spyware database for windows and so far it has working very well. Heres a link listing the Unix version improvements... :D

http://info.drweb.com/show/2637

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I doubt whether there will be any major changes.

However, improvements in the unpacking engine, spyware/adware bases coming out of beta and the checking of executables in Smart Mode of SpiderGuard on Win NT/2000/XP systems may all be implemented.

But irrespective of any changes in the new version, let's hope SpiderGuard stays as lightweight as it is at present. I am sure it will ;)

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I couldn't agree more, Spidey is so light yet amazingly secure... :D

5. musicman

musicman Registered Member

Just a add on about Dr.Web....
    I was running Dr.Web and 8Signs Firewall, well...when I opened the main GUI it scanned the process's and memory it detected the W32Slammer...and it shut down my firewall!!!! Now this did not make sense, I e-mail the developer of 8Signs and he assured me the files were clean in the firewall. Well for the time being I uninstalled the firewall and Dr. Web....running Mod32 and Kerio 2.15v with BZ rulesets.

6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I ran into a similar situation with Look N Stop firewall. DrWEB kept finding W32Slammer so per recommendations of a few others here I put the Look N Stop exe in the exclude folder and that fixed the problem. Just open the scanner and go to paths. Under exclude files look for 8signs in the program files section. Then look inside and find the 8signs exe and add it to the exclude list...hope this helps... :cool:

Hey look - 100 posts...woo-hoo... :eek:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  7. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Have you reported the possible FP to the DrWeb team?

8. musicman

musicman Registered Member

Thanks fellow for the sound advice! Yes I did report the incident to Dr.Web, awaiting a reponse. Appreciate your input :)

9. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

This kind of stinks!! We're all still wanting for 4.33 to be released for windows. I've heard that it was supposed to be out in late June. Anyone have any information?

Also, how good it the spyware detection? It did not find Alexa *installed with Windows) or any spyware in my registry.

10. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

You need to download the spyware definitions in the beta program for Dr.Web to detect spyware, otherwise it won't.

Also, Alexa shouldn't be in spyware databases, considering it is what industry folk use to gauge the popularity of websites, and Amazon owns them now.

11. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.:-*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.