Dr Web

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by whitedragon551, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

How is the Dr. these days? I had a license for it awhile ago, but ended up trying out new things. Just wondering how it is on resources and detections rates. I dont see much mention of them any more.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

love dr web myself. they now have a more unified gui where things are centralized, detection is better imo and scan speeds are faster (well for dr web they are as it had one of the slowest scanners out there lol) overall its much better than before overall. i dont find it to heavy though it is a bit, not nearly as much as some others. ram usage is still kinda high. i would be using it if the price points were better. they are a bit to expensive imo and i hardly ever see any good deals for it anymore. the last time i bought lic's were when they ran the lic exchange thing for a competing av. still a great av i feel

3. Blueshoes

Blueshoes Registered Member

Not that it is relating to you, but I think Dr Web was the one who found the Mac Flashback Trojan that infected 700,000 Macs and was the first to sinkhole the C&C. They were the lead AV company with fellow Kaspersky to do the first days research.

4. SergM

SergM Registered Member

http://news.drweb.com/show/?i=3230&lng=ru&c=5

All four answers and you get a key to the e-mail for 3 months. Plus one month demo key. Through four months, you can use a demo key again. Total: 5 per month free license.

5. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I've used it for a year now on my main computer and love it. Some complain about a slower than average on demand scan speed, but that's irrelevant to me anyway. I like the detection and the http filter/scanner. I also have had no false positives the whole year I've used it. Its high priced but also a high quality product.

6. markcc

markcc Registered Member

I installed Security Space V.8 on the laptop I'm using right now. I have never installed Dr. Web before. I must say I am impressed with it so far. I have only had it installed a few hours but my 1st impression is very good! I'm going to try it for awhile & see what happens.

7. zfactor

cant read that page i translated it but them the questions are in russian and will not translate in google any help?? i dont read russian

8. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Please do copy\past and translate it in http://translate.google.com

https://www.drweb.com/drweb rbc/ it's the page of the test. (5 questions).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  9. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I have heightened respect for Dr Web over the last 18mos or so.

But it's on the Android platform that I use Dr. Web Light. It's awesome. Just saying. Wanted to spread some love the Dr's way. :)

10. zfactor

when i try to translate this page it gives me a error and says it cant.. i finally did get the trial lic. i simply went through each page and translated each question. trying it out now.

i would love to buy a decent 3pc lic for a few years but its way to pricey for me. i really like dr web but not at that price. if i could find a great deal i would grab a lic quickly...hint hint out to dr web.....im sure many others would also.

actually going to submit to be a reseller. will see what they say will report back..

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  11. SergM

SergM Registered Member

zfactor I send you my 3-month key in PM

12. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

Dr. Web is nice, but too expensive.. It would break the bank to install it on client PC's, or even my home PC's.. I install a lot of Panda-CloudPro on client PC's because I can snag it for a few bucks a license. So Panda makes it up in volumn for sure. Anyway, they should bundle DrWeb with MBAM and make an elite version of MBAM. They could call it SpyderBytes.. :D That product would be amazing.

I paid $43.00 for 3 years of Bullguard for 5 machines. That's a great price, making the AV market extremely competitive, great deals from ALL companies that are hard to beat.. What DrWeb people need to realize is they need to compete, or they lose money everyday. Is it better to get $40-$100, and a long term customer w/word of mouth or 0$ and nothing? $385US for the same license is ... Excessive.

Attached Files:

13. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Bodhitree
    Major sales DrWeb making on corporate clients .. The License is really expensive. I asked this question on the forum, but the company could not say anything in the forum about their pricing. There was no combining with other vendors will not be. DrWeb is the only purely Russian antivirus.

14. I rate Dr Web, I have Dr Web Lite on my android and it's been pretty good so far. I agree that the pricing is a little excessive, but when you break it down a 3 year 1 user license costs 60 euro's which is 20 euro's a year. Not bad at all for a very good and chock full of quality and fully featured AV.

15. Bodhitree

They need a 'home' license for say, up to 5 PC's in the home. Many of us have kids, wife, and second or third PC's where we need this. Companies that have such licenses tend to get my money, other companies charge like it is a SOHO license or something. Way too expensive.

16. SergM

SergM Registered Member

http://products.drweb.com/bundles/universal

17. zfactor

still crazy high pricing imo

18. fredra

fredra Registered Member

I am a licensed user of the good Doctor, from V6, V7 and now V8 of their Security Suite. During that time it protected me and I never had a problem or virus (knock on wood). :D
    It worked great with OS XP, then Win 7 (64 bit), but on Win 8 (64 bit) problems began.
    On all prior OS, there was no slow down in web browsing, however, with Windows 8 the slow down was noticeable, annoying and wasting my time looking at the web page loading, which took a very long time to load, compared to XP or Win 7.
    Although I have a license for the good doctor until 2014, I had to uninstall it and use another AV suite. :'(
    In my case (can't speak for anyone else), Dr Web Security Suite on Windows 8 (64 bit) is a disaster. :mad:
    For the record, I still think Dr Web Security Suite is terrific, having had the experience of using it with the previous OS's with no hint of problems.
    That is my .0002 cents.
    Cheers :D

19. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Have to turn off the Cloud ;)

20. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Are you kidding... that will rectify the slow web page loadingo_O?
    I was told (forget where I saw this, or who told me) that disabling the "cloud" reduces the effectiveness of the good doctor. :doubt:
    I am NOT disputing your input or advice, but please clarify the significance (or lack thereof) of the "cloud" in the effectiveness and efficiency of Dr Web V8?:)
    Thanks
    Cheers :D

21. Bodhitree

Bottom line: Don't run Windows 8. Wait for Blue, W7 works and everything runs fine on it. I still don't understand why people play russian roulette with Microsoft, and rush out to put these new, buggy, and potentially abandonable OS's on their machines. It's just not worth it.

22. Bodhitree

Ridiculously high pricing.. Which is why Dr. won't ever see the light of day around here for me, or my clients PCs. Their loss.

23. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I get the feeling Dr.Web is only "intended" for Eastern European and Russian users. That being said, way too expensive for me.

24. SergM

SergM Registered Member

No, no. I'm not kidding

Cloud is designed to test the traffic by most recent online databases.The technology is still raw for DrWeb. The traffic will be checked offline databases very fine. I know what I'm talking about. Your defense will not suffer.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  25. SergM

SergM Registered Member

I agree with your opinion that the price is too high.At the same time, I want to say that a good defense can not be very cheap.Doctor Web, one of the few vendors that use their own technology, its own development, its own detection.Throughout the world, these vendors can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.