Dr Web vs Nod32 ??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Dr Web vs Nod32, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive seen Nod32 compared to kaspersky alot --- so how about Dr web vs Nod 32

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I've used DrWEB about 3 months now and been very pleased. Similar to Kaspersky, DrWEB scans for a huge variety of things from malware to trojans to worms and also viruses. It is also very light on resources. If you havent visited their new website yet it is at www.drweb.com. They are still in the process of updating it but it is now pretty complete. I give it two thumbs up. I trialed NOD briefly but found it befuddling to set up and it is known to be rather weak on trojan detection though that is changing with time as their archive grows... cheers

3. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

I also like DrWeb. Nod32 has become much better ,but ill stick with DrWeb for now.

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have resolved NOT to get sucked into any more of these "What about NOD32 versus such&such Antivirus" -- especially those initiated by anonymous & unregistered posters. No doubt some few of them are sincere inquiries, but I am convinced that the majority of them are mainly initiated as a vehicle for yet another series of anti-NOD postings.

While I am not a fan of NOD, this sort of flame-fishing (trolling) expedition is getting really old!

No doubt my comment will be snipped. No offense Mods -- you do a great job! Even so, I feel better for having said it.

aloha... bellgrumpy

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

if this is the case, you can have my vote :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.