Dr web spider mail

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ellison64, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Ive tried drweb at various intervals over the last 1-2 years and have always had the same problem and wonder if any knowledgable users of dr web might know waht the problem is.The problem id the spider mail guard which just does not seem to want to work on my 98se system.I can recieve and send mail that isnt very big in size ,but as soon as i try to send an attachment of say 1meg or an email of that size ,all my email clients ,OE ,Thunderbird,becky, just will not send the mail and its left in outbox,If i remember ,pimmy email client kept on giving 354 errors whatever that means.Every thing works without spidermail enabled.Everyother av ive tried also have no problems with my email clients.Just what is so different about dr webs spider mail that could cause this annoying problm?.It happens in virus chaser too ,though i guess it would being drweb.Anybody have any clue what might be happening?.Also drweb support did try and help because i was a registered user at one point ,but after installing many debug plugins ,i finally gave up.Just wondering whther the new beta version uses a different system or is it same spider mail gauard.Any help appreciated ,as its very puzzling.
    ellison

2. sergeyko

sergeyko AV Expert

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Thank you for reply.I will wait until its out of beta then try again.I have tried the various versions ofdrweb over the last year and a half but the same spidermail problem persists on my pc.If the the new beta uses the same system for spidermail as the older version then i dont hold out muchhope of it working on my system.I will give it a go when its out of beta though.
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.