Dr web spider mail

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ellison64, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Thought id try trial dr web tonight.I had a licence about 2 years ago and despite good support from dr web tech people couldnt get spidermail to work correctly when sending attachments of a few megs in size.Since then ive changed ISPs and my mail clients from pimmy/foxmail to becky.But lo and behold im still having problems with spidermail and attachments.First of all it takes an absoulte age to send/recieve mail without attachments ,and when i just tried to send a bmp attachment of 1.5 megs to myself ,after about 5 minutes of becky trying to send the mail ,dr web spider mail gave up an illegal error in MSVCRT.DLL and shut down.The mail i was trying to send with the attachment stayed in outbox.I rebooted my machine (w98se) and tryed again with the same error and results.After trying practically every major av there is available ,i have never had any problems whatsoever with the email scanners or with the mail clients that were being used ,and can only conclude that there is something seriously wrong with the way spidermail works or performs.Any comments on spidermail?
    tia
    ellison

2. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

I have used it with foxmail and becky and no problems, but I have been using Thunderbird for over a year now so I have no suggestions to help you.
    Oh yeah, I use winxp though.

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Well you have helped ,in that, when i finally decide to upgrade my operating system from 98, i will try dr web again ;).
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.