Dr.Web SpIDer Guard

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mikel, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikel

Mikel Guest

Im running Windows 2000 and i've noticed that there are 2 process of SpiderNT.exe

When I was on Windows 98 there was only one.

I noticed that in Services SpIDer guard is checked, and in Startup there is SpIDer Guard aswell.

When I left the service running and disabled the start up. When I restart my computer I can no longer see the task tray icon, but the process is running and in it's controls sais it's installed and active.

When I disable the service, but leave the start up on. The icon is there but is disabled: Installed but not active.

If I only leave the service on, am I still being protected?

The process uses under 1 meg of memory. But when you have only 64 meg of memory every bit counts.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Mikel

Instead of scratching about trying to save 1 MB of RAM, why not

1. If you want to stay with Win2000, increase the RAM up to 128-256MB. This OS will run with with less memory than this but everything will run more smoothly with the greater amount of RAM. Look on www.crucial.com for cheap memory.

2. But if you have to stay with only 64MB RAM, switch back to Win98. Although less stable than Win2000, system performance in 98 should not be as slow with the lower amount of memory.

Further, Dr Web arguably gives better protection under non-NT systems as SpIDer-Netting is fully implemented and executables are checked in Smart-Mode of SpiderGuard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.