Dr. Web Security Space Has Been Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by cdr, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Yes, it was a sad case. Base have badly tested before it's release. In a Russian-speaking segment regrets have been made.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  2. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Re: Problem with Network Share/ Samba after installing Dr. Web 5?

Address in English-speaking section of an official forum http://new-forum.drweb.com/mod/forum/view/?id=32

3. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Yeah, they really bit the weeny releasing this too soon. It's just not ready.

4. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Just realised that it is the updates from Drweb causing my Pc to freeze.This is unbelievable, Should have been sorted by now.
    Badcompany.

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i had to uninstall from my test machine i had problems even getting into vista. after uninstall it working fine now.

6. gates

gates Registered Member

To my computer dr.web 5 for windows doesn't even install. It's just complain that installation of dr.web self-protection failed.

I have already contacted to support team, but no luck yet. :thumbd: o_O

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  7. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Re: Problem with Network Share/ Samba after installing Dr. Web 5?

For the decision of this problem will address most correctly to developers directly http://bugs.drweb.com (registration is necessary)
    Recommendations about registration of errors on a Bug Tracker (bug-reports) are described here http://new-beta.drweb.com/hints/?lng=en.

P.S. At this moment passes the test of a new engine of a forum drweb.com, therefore I respond here

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

same here, had it installed in a snapshot and it just did not work right.

When is the next beta release?

9. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Many modules were just updated. Be updated regularly already now.

10. fredra

fredra Registered Member

There was an update this AM (Dec 23/200:cool: and all I get on reboot is BSOD.
    If that was the update you are talking about, it is NOT functioning as you would like it to work.
    Cheers :D

11. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

lol, a few having problems?

im having no problems with the new version.... 'touch wood' :D

am i sorry, nope. :p

glad really, as it would have peed me off a little with all the alphas,betas i 'tried to try', even though each one was very different from the previous. lol :argh:

12. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Seem's more than a few with problems.As I do not care to screw up any of my computers with this crap,could someone run Cureit to see if it can fix Dr Eeb?Or did they screw that program also?LOL!

13. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i know there is an incompatibility issue with some other programs, but this isnt a fault with the software, just incompatibilties, loads of AV's have incompatibility problems with other softwares,

its just not meant to be used with other software as much as the previous version, guessing mainly due to drwebs new self protection.

i couldnt run the beta at all due to a total lockdown, slowness, BSOD's, freezing of my computer, sound familiar? (this aint a lie)

now it plays nice with Prevx, so everything is how it should be, fast and very very stable.

ive already been told of an incompatibility with SAS, but there could be more.

if all you have is Drweb installed, then i suggest you contact support, as everything is fine on my rig.

14. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Say what?Not the fault of the software or testing of said software?LOL,twice!

15. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

did you read my post at all? :doubt:

do you have SAS installed (or something similar maybe?), i can already see at least 2 people complaining of problems using it, its currently incompatible (at least, so im told.), so it should not be used with drweb.

16. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Yes to both your reading and SAS questions.Now I have a question for you.How much does Dr Eeb pay it's beta or release testers?If it's alot I might dig out a Commodore 64 to test this junk program with.On second thought,no,I wouldn't want to mess up a high class computer with that crap.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  17. risl

risl Registered Member

The only problem I've had was the page_fault/BSOD caused by the bad update. It was fixed quickly though but I already reinstalled OS because of it.

18. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

Yep risl, and as you have probably already found out for yourself personally, this was an incorrect release of an addon to
    The database, an error that was fixed immediatly, I find it rather amusing that the people of this place blame that error on the new release.

.... I'm curious to know why people do that.

19. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

Every time I get on my computer I'm amazed that any program works together with other programs.
    I sure hope that posters who throw out terms like "junk" and "crap" achieve perfection in their own profession.

20. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

As I have dug graves for 38 years and have yet to dig a hole the person in question would not fit into then yes,perfection in one's profession is quite nice.Business is alway's good,no matter what.

21. risl

risl Registered Member

Probably the same BSOD would have occurred with 4.44.

22. shorty1

shorty1 Registered Member

Dr Web Security Space >> SAS>> Vista and they all play nice here.

23. Barney

Barney Registered Member

DRWEB WEB Problems Already!!!

Well, I would never have thought this would have happened, but I am now very distgusted with DRWEB. It hosed my computer completely. I can't uninstall the old version and I can't install the new version. Every time I try to install I get a lame error message that states "error 1304. Error writing to file c:\program files\Drweb\Spidergate.exe. Verify you have access to that directory." Is anybody out there familiar with this error message. This is really upsetting me. Thanks.

Barney

24. shorty1

shorty1 Registered Member

Re: DRWEB WEB Problems Already!!!

Did you disable self-protection?

25. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

I wish, you could only just once stop defending this bad release, as everybody experiencing problems, are not just bashing Dr. Web, but merely stating, that there's something wrong with the final release. Just admit that and stop saying that everything is fixed. There are problems.....period!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.