Dr.Web Quarantine Question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PhoenixWeb, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhoenixWeb

PhoenixWeb Registered Member

Just downloaded Dr.Web on to an old PC to check out. I have just been playing with it for a few minutes but I cannot find the quarantine area in the GUI, or the programme folder in the start menu...

Or, am I missing the point, and to view quarantined files you simple navigate to the Dr.Web folder in programme files and manually check the Infected!!! folder?

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

the quarentine cant be accessed within the program, only settings such as "move to quarentine" settings are in the program.

the quarentine is Program Files > Dr.Web > Infected!!!

clearly states it, moves threats there.... and these threats will then be safe, and excluded from future full system scans.

hope that helps.

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I assume you're looking for something similar to NOD32 in that you can manage the quarantine folder from within the program, right? That is not available in this version of Dr Web. However, it will be in version 5, which hopefully will be here soon.

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i dont think he is looking for a program with it integrated into the GUI, i think he just wanted to know where it was

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

If you need a program with the Dr.Web engine and having a "real" quarantine which you can browse from within the program, you will need to use Virus Chaser. However, Virus Chaser does not have heuristic analysis at this time, though there is a possibility of it being enabled as heuristic analysis is now functional for Chinese users of Virus Chaser. I have contacted the Hong Kong Virus Chaser support team on whether the heuristic analysis can be enabled in VC for HK users also and will update you as soon as I get a reply.

More info about Virus Chaser can be found at http://www.viruschaser.com.hk/eng/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.