Dr.Web Plug-in for The Bat! email client

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Paul Wilders, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

DialogueScience, Inc. announces the release candidate 2 of plug-in module 4.29 of Dr.Web anti-virus designed for the popular mail client TheBat! To maintain additional e-mail antivirus protection with this module it is necessary to have Dr.Web for Windows version 4.27, 4.28 or 4.29 and TheBat! version 1.60 or later installed on the computer.

The following improvements and amendments have been made to the previous version of the module:

- compatibility with Dr.Web version 4.29 has been realized;
    - a more detailed protocol has been realized;
    - notifications on the virus detection in the form of pop-up prompts introduced;
    - errors at processing of enclosed archives corrected.

You can download the distribution package file (420 Kb) from:

ftp.dials.ru/dsav/english/drweb32/drbav429.exe

or the only plug-in (64 Kb) for manual installation from:

ftp.dials.ru/dsav/english/drweb32/drwebbav.zip.

2. tbay2

tbay2 Registered Member

I stand to be enlightened on this issue but to me it seems the plug in is superflous. I already have Spider configured to scan all files and deal with them as appropriate, not to mention that The Bat in its default configuration will not let you run executable attachments. Never did understand the rational either for other AV programs' mail scanner either if you had the monitoring module configured correctly. :rolleyes:

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi tbay2,

It's a matter of opinion. Personally, I prefer to quarantine any infected email/attachment without any changes made for examination.

That said, I can see your point; most probably fairly all users from both Dr.Web and The Bat! will rely on a correctly configured monitoring module.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.