Dr Web Migration problem...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by disinter1, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Last week I went to the migration page on dr webs site, and I went to the mcafee site under "my account" and printed the page to show them my subscription is still active. So I scanned the print to send the proof to Dr Web, and filled out all the info they need and sent it. Well, it said I would hear from them like 24 hours from the time I sent the scan, well that was like a week ago and nothing. I wrote to them like two days ago and told them I am waiting to hear from them and still nothing. Ok, out of desperation I scanned my Norton subscription key (I know, I learned the hard way not to buy Norton and Mcafee again) to them too to see if they respond to me to get my migration discount. The problem is I hope the norton key is still active, but yeah this is my problem I hope to solve soon. Has anyone got the migration deal with Dr Web? If so can anyone advise me what to do. Thanks

2. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Got it some time ago. Took me two emails and a couple of days waiting time.

3. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hi disinter,
    I did the same as you, I sent a copy of my invoice from my still running AV program.The next day i received my migration key, no problems.
    Badcompany.

4. CtlAltDelete

CtlAltDelete Registered Member

I sent my info last Saturday and received a reply within 4 hours with the discount code. Great service.

5. CtlAltDelete

CtlAltDelete Registered Member

Could try emailing direct to someone at dr web:

nsATdrweb.com

Replace AT with @

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I also had to wait only one day to get my migration details for purchasing Dr.Web. There was a small problem which was fixed (I had received the email in Russian language). Anyway, CtrlAltDelete has posted the correct email address, as this was the person who had helped me when I had got the Russian email which I couldn't read.

7. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Dr Web's support has been spotty at times.
    Excellent product, though.
    I would try posting on their forum http://forum.drweb.com/?lng=en, where response is fairly quick, plus you can expect some suggestions/sympathy/support from fellow Dr Webbers.

8. marcromero

marcromero Guest

When I migrated, I copied a copy of my purchase email and placed it on my desktop, during their migration process I browsed to the document on my desktop and let it upload through their utility. Received my email with the coupon code in less than 4 hours. Did you use their browse/upload function ?

9. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Yes I used their own utility, and still nothing.

10. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Try resending, using their utility again. Other than that, I would post in their forum. They seem pretty responsive to issues there.

11. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

I wrote to them yesterday, and I was almost sure I will get something in my email, but still nothing. What the heck!?:(

12. Badcompany

Hi disinter1,
    When you write to Dr,Web do you receive conformation from dr.web.
    Badcompany.

13. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Yes when I used their little migration "program thingi" yes a little pop up came up and told me they will contact me soon or in 24 hours...? But, like I said I did this along time ago and have not recieved not one email from them, not ONE! Plus I wrote to them using the email they provided me in the topic and not even a reply from that too. This is getting pretty fustrating for me...

14. Badcompany

I would send a e-mail to tech support and tell them the problem,as soon as you e-mail them you receive a e-mail back with a ticket number,so you know they have received your e-mail.
    BC.

15. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Do you use a spam filter ? Check your junk mail folder for a reply, also, did the purchase verification you sent them include your current av license number, date of purchase, etc. as sent to you by the vendor ?

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

took me about 10 minutes to get a reply. Great deal, great software.

Keep it Simple, Safe, and Secure.

17. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Took me less than 2 hours to complete my renewal process. They even sent me a coupon code taking an additional 33% off my renewal. For 13 bucks I am starting my 5th year with the good Doctor. With this kind of service and annual copay I will be a regular user...:thumb: :cool:

18. w185786775

w185786775 Registered Member

dr.web现在好像只回复第一个上报病毒的,之后的就不做回复了。

19. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Another one of your vague postings o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

If a genuine query, then take a look here

Attached Files:

20. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Maybe you do not have the correct font pack, because I can see that w185786775 has posted in simplified Chinese language (@w185786775: please try to post in English so that everyone can understand. :))

Anyway, I do not know Chinese, but have put the post through babelfish and the translation came as follows:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.