Dr Web issue

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by n8chavez, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I mentioned this at the NOD32 forum but for those that do not read that forum, I'm post my issue here. I have been having a problem with SpiderGuard that causes little momentary spikes when I browse the internet. I often do this while listening to mp3s and the songs skip briefly while a new page is loading. I mentioned in at the NOD32 forum because this does not happen while NOD32 was my resuident scanner. Can anyone verify this issue or, maybe, even offer a solution?

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

never had that problem on my machine with dr.web...... so sorry, cant verify.

maybe there is someone who has though, otherwise, dont know.

3. n8chavez

It seems to be an issue with the beta version of Dr Web. The gold version does not cause the spiking or skipping.

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Then just report this to their Bug Tracker .
    You have answered your own question. Use the full version.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  5. n8chavez

Well not really. I guess I could use the gold version, that would prevent most of the cpu spikes and mp3 skipping but that's not really a solution. What is I wanted to use the beta with the enhanced heuristics?

6. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Try using the beta dll with the gold version and see if it does the same thing. I haven't got the address for the beta bases but the dll works fine with the older vdb's. I renamed and copied the beta into the DrWeb dir and then editted the DrWeb32.ini to something like this:
    Code:
    EnginePath = drweb32-beta.dll
    You can't just drag and drop the dll into the dir because the dll will be replaced upon the next update. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.