Dr web enough ???

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wanderer, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanderer

wanderer Guest

ive used many av's in the past and just recently tried dr web and i love how little resources it uses, so it doesnt conflict with my system at all like most avs do.
    this is driving me into using it as a solo av along wit tds3, but before i do i was wandering what other ppl would think about this , is dr web good enough to be used as a only av or should i have to keep another on demand av.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Hi Wanderer

Check out this recent thread;

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=9782

Dr Web is a top notch AV which I have run as my primary scanner on one of my boxes here for nearly a year now. In my experience it does not like any other AV programs on the same computer ( I tried KAV, F-Prot, RAV and NOD) and stability problems went away when it was the ONLY AV installed.

Maybe my system was hypersensitive. So I am happy with Dr Web being my sole scanner on this box.

It has the occasional false positive which are generally easy to spot. However, I have used on-line scanners( Panda and Trend) to double check any false positives I was not sure of.

Most people here would probably recommend a second AV as a backup as part of a layered defense to any main AV scanner. So the choice is up to you.

It has very good virus and trojan detection abilities and a good unpacking engine so it is good enough for being your only AV. Personally, if you have TDS-3 to sit alongside Dr Web I think you are well covered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.