Dr web enough ???

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wanderer, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanderer

wanderer Guest

ive used many av's in the past and just recently tried dr web and i love how little resources it uses, so it doesnt conflict with my system at all like most avs do.
    this is driving me into using it as a solo av along wit tds3, but before i do i was wandering what other ppl would think about this , is dr web good enough to be used as a only av or should i have to keep another on demand av.
  2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Nov 22, 2002
    Christchurch, UK
    Hi Wanderer

Check out this recent thread;

Dr Web is a top notch AV which I have run as my primary scanner on one of my boxes here for nearly a year now. In my experience it does not like any other AV programs on the same computer ( I tried KAV, F-Prot, RAV and NOD) and stability problems went away when it was the ONLY AV installed.

Maybe my system was hypersensitive. So I am happy with Dr Web being my sole scanner on this box.

It has the occasional false positive which are generally easy to spot. However, I have used on-line scanners( Panda and Trend) to double check any false positives I was not sure of.

Most people here would probably recommend a second AV as a backup as part of a layered defense to any main AV scanner. So the choice is up to you.

It has very good virus and trojan detection abilities and a good unpacking engine so it is good enough for being your only AV. Personally, if you have TDS-3 to sit alongside Dr Web I think you are well covered.