Dr Web CureIt

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I don't see Dr Web CureIt mentioned anymore. Is it still a good check for a system?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

2. DX2

DX2 Guest

It's good in detection, but incredibly slow while scanning.

3. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

Wasn't the engine updated to be multithreaded/faster in newer versions? I haven't tried it personally, but AFAIK that's the case now.

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks,
    I remember that it was very slow. I just now am running it on my laptop. So far it has been 30 minutes or so. I wish I had noted the time it started. I can tell that it is still slow.

Added. It just finished at 36:08 minutes and 21,664 items scanned. It is faster than I remembered. Thanks.

Regards,
    Jerry

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  5. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Dr.Web CureIt has improved the scan speeds significantly. There was a jump in scan speed a few months ago with an update to the scan engine of version 6.0. The scan speed was further increased with the Dr.Web CureIt 7.0 Beta.

Currently there is a choice between using Dr.Web CureIt 6.0 and Dr.Web CureIt 7.0 Beta.

6. DX2

DX2 Guest

Nice, I will have to check it out.

7. TheKid7

I tried out Vesrion 7.0 Beta on a Clean PC once. There are a lot of custom scan options along with scanning the motherboard BIOS for Malware.

The only thing that I remember that I do not like is the lack of a 'Report Only' Scan Option. Version 6.0 has a 'Report Only' Scan Option. If I scan my own PC, I like to have "total" control.

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

one of the best stand alones there is imo, actually i really like dr web overall just wish it was a bit cheaper. id prob use it on a few machines if it was.

9. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

yes it is one of the best on-demand scanners. in fact it is the best (in my experience) when it comes to cleaning infected files. version 7 has an improved scan speed which brings it up to par with other thorough scanners but its still way ahead of the pack when it comes to cleaning infected files. it is best used from a boot disk (off-line mode).

10. DX2

DX2 Guest

They have improved the scan speeds greatly. 4 mins to scan my computer.

11. carat

carat Guest

Is there still a lot of advertisement in Dr Web CureIt? :doubt:

12. TheKid7

I 'think' that there is just the usual one advertisement that stays closed after you close it. I don't remember if there is an advertisement in the version 7.0 Beta.

13. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Dr.Web CureIt! 8.0 released

December 13, 2012

Doctor Web is pleased to unveil the eighth version of its Dr.Web CureIt!, a utility designed to scan and cure computer viruses even when other anti-virus products are in use. The new version provides faster and yet deeper scanning.

Dr.Web CureIt! 8.0 takes advantage of multi-thread scanning when tasks are divided between CPU cores and boasts significantly increased scanning speed. This feature has already been implemented in Dr.Web products 7.0 and 8.0 for Windows. It also includes a new anti-rootkit which is already available in Dr.Web Security Space and Dr.Web 7.0 and 8.0 for Windows.

The original

14. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Thanks for the news update ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.