Dr.Web 9.0 for Windows—the rapid response anti-virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SergM, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I'm out of the thread now. I don't even know whats going on. :blink:

2. SergM

SergM Registered Member

I just explained the situation. Why did you include the discussed option. I do not understand that it is not clear from my explanation.If one user joked about the backdoor against Putin, I just supported his humor.Company Doctor Web honestly performs Russian laws. It does not force anyone to use the new feature.

3. Houley456

Houley456 Registered Member

SergM....I would like to buy your product.....do you have special pricing for "WildersSecurity' members.....thanks

4. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  5. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

He is trying to say that it isnt vital for Dr Web protection, so a user can safely disable this feature. (He doesnt work for Dr Web)

And Sir, you are really annoying, but I will stop here ...

6. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have always liked dr web but im on the side of not using it now. i am not a pirate nor do i condone it in fact i report lic keys and "fixes" to companies when i see them (ask joe from webroot) very often so hopefully they can block those stolen keys. but i refuse to support this type of additions in my software only because if i do then what comes next? if people support this type of thing then maybe they add more etc and eventually the software monitors everything we do (not that there are not people doing that mostly now). so i will not be renewing my lic's optional or not it makes me wonder what else may or may not be included in the backround. and you are welcome to call me paranoid i dont mind.

7. Taliscicero

First he came off and answered my question as if he was working for Dr.Web also he lives where the company is from so how was it supposed to be taken? I ask the important questions, not my fault you will roll over and take all without questioning it. You may find me annoying, but maybe you are naive to me.

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I wonder if all the fancy sounding stuff actually works and how good it is.

9. SergM

SergM Registered Member

You are may to try it. ;)

10. Blueshoes

Blueshoes Registered Member

Will we see Kaspersky follow these new laws?

11. SergM

SergM Registered Member

I don't know about Kaspersky.

12. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Does Dr.Web participate in independent tests?

13. SweX

SweX Registered Member

If you mean bigger testing orgs like AV-Test, and/or AV-C, then No they don't :)

14. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

I somehow doubt that Russia has a law that requires antivirus software to stop it's users to access pirated material. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

15. Solarlynx

It would give them more credit if they participated.

16. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Okay. Again. No "Stop users." Just a warning. Next button is "Do you want to continue watching?" In reality, this feature is not working. No requests from copyright holders now. Actually by default setting this featur is OFF.

17. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Nice feature then, esp. for the user which might have bought it just by believing that the marketed new features do actually really work.

They used to many years ago. But they have listed current certificates on their site (although just certificates from FSB): http://company.drweb.com/licenses_and_certificates/?lng=en

18. Solarlynx

Thanks, I didn't know.

That's cool to have FSB certified AV. o_O
    Then why don't they get certs from CIA? :argh:

19. SergM

SergM Registered Member

I will clarify: not working at the this moment. Because:

20. kareldjag

kareldjag Registered Member

hi

Certainly in the top five of antivirus, after Bitdefender and Kaspersky; but unfortunately underrated...for various reasons...

The FSB certification, as far as i know, has been obtained after a long process which included source code analysis of the source code at different time, and at Dr Web office.
    Even if the desktop version is not the FSB one, i guess that the backdoor must be find somewhere else...maybe in PRISM...

Dr Web do not participate to some antivirus tests mostly because they do not approve static detection tests, more about Dr Web and AV-Comparatives
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=199292

The antipiracy is quite funny, if we consider the impact of cybercrime in Russia, one of the leader with China in the piracy syndrome
    http://www.group-ib.com/index.php/7...rned-45-billion-in-2011-researchers-estimate"

But for my concern, there is more to be afraid of cloud antivirus...who often know much more about their users.

Rgds

21. Taliscicero

I find it funny, because piracy can lead to sales. I used to pirate software, I would use it a little while and then buy the real thing because I liked it. I am sure many are the same, will download music for example but then buy the music legitimately through I-tunes later because its more convenient for them. I kinda find it funny though how Dr.Web is actively looking for content producers to join their anti-piracy brigade.. that's kinda really weird.

22. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes I agree, it's their choice if they want to join or not. Maybe next year :doubt:

23. SweX

SweX Registered Member

All I will say about this "hot" new feature is that it doesn't belong in an AV or similar product at all, and I have not "pirated" anyone or anything since around 2000 when Kazaa was popular. :blink: :)

24. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

That's a bit pointless feature if it's used by a vendor who's market share is rather small...

25. J_L

J_L Registered Member

With everything becoming suites these days, why not? Now parents can (somewhat) prevent their children from committing crime (along with snipped as per TOS). :p

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.