Dr.Web 6.0 released : new features, new components, new products

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by andylau, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

What do you mean by "no-conflicting" ?

2. risl

risl Registered Member

For example, a situation where I have granted torrent program "full network access" or marked it as "trusted" but still it doesn't accept incoming connections. It is just unacceptable that the packet filter and application control don't communicate with each other.

Dr.Web works fine regarding this.

Here are some creenshots about the program, might look crap because I use windows standard theme on XP.

http://risl.codename.fi/firewallsettings.JPG
    http://risl.codename.fi/firewallstatistics.JPG
    http://risl.codename.fi/firewallnotify.JPG
    http://risl.codename.fi/spidersettings.JPG

3. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Nothing wrong with XP.

Thanks for the screenshots. It looks simple but would suit many. Can you right-click and kill/terminate any active applications through the interface?

4. risl

risl Registered Member

No I think you can't kill processes, but I believe such feature request has been made.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  5. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

I was very happy to see they finally r officially supporting 64 bit but theres 1 major problem that forced me to deinstall it: Major fps drops/system lag during gaming although i dont know exactely what caused this. At first i thought it was the updating method but i think it has sumtin to do with any of the guards cus if i turn of all of them i didnt have problems with my game (l4D2) :'(

6. risl

risl Registered Member

Probably the updating task which runs every 30 minutes. I have set the updater to only run when computer has been idle for 10 minutes. No FPS drops for me anymore, but updates many times per day.

7. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hello Forum,
    Drweb Security Space Pro is working very well, very light and the firewall passes all stealth tests at Shields Up and PCFlank.
    Badcompany.:thumb:

8. risl

risl Registered Member

How did you do that? I can't get it to stealth all ports.

9. stratoc

stratoc Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
  10. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hi risl,
    I've changed nothing in the firewall all at default. Try it again.
    Badcompany

11. risl

risl Registered Member

The packet filter log doesn't show it's dropping packets except icmpv4 when doing any port scans/firewall tests.

12. risl

risl Registered Member

I achieved full stealth by disabling packet filter rule "allow most common internet services" which was basically allowing any inbound tcp connection. I also disabled identd rule and added a special block rule to port 135. I also removed svchost.exe, lsass.exe, services.exe and all other windows applications from application filter and will make the rules for those win apps with interactive mode.

Now I guess it's dropping packets unless the application has been granted internet access by me, which is what I wanted. :)

13. fredra

fredra Registered Member

There appears to be a bug in the update process (verified with Dr Web support))
    When you manually update, Windows Security Center appears and issues the popup that there is no firewall installed.
    The workaround is to "disable" the firewall, and after Dr Web asks for verification, click "yes", then "REenable" the firewall, and Windows Security Center will now accept the firewall.
    They are working to fix the bug.
    Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.